Thread: Bryan Caraway denies Bellator fighter's drug accusation, regrets strong anti-marijuan

Default Bryan Caraway denies Bellator fighter's drug accusation, regrets strong anti-marijuan

Bellator's Michelle Ould became the latest fighter to take a jab at Bryan Caraway this week.

Hours after the UFC announced it had suspended Nathan Diaz on Thursday for using a homophobic slur to describe Caraway, Ould, a 7-3 women's MMA veteran, insinuated on Twitter that Caraway, who spoke out against marijuana following Pat Healy's suspension earlier this week, was being a hypocrite because he used to sell performance-enhancing drugs.

"Dude use[d] to sell my ex roommate PED's - but he hates weed -go figure," she wrote.

Caraway, when reached by MMAFighting.com, vehemently denied the allegation.

"It's complete BS," he said. "I don't like any drugs."
    Go to Bryan Caraway denies Bellator fighter's drug accusation, regrets strong anti-marijuana stance - MMA Fighting for the full article.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Interesting but completely baseless and a stupid thing to say. Unless he has a witness or some proof to bake that up, then Caraway could sue him for slander.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Interesting but completely baseless and a stupid thing to say. Unless he has a witness or some proof to bake that up, then Caraway could sue him for slander.
    I think to sue for slander Caraway would have to prove it's not true. The burden of proof is on the accusing party and in this case Caraway would be accusing her of saying slander so he would need to prove her statements were false.

I don't understand the hate Caraway is getting. I really cant find fault with anything he has said.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

I think the "hate" that Caraway is getting is because he's coming off sort of high and mighty.

I don't have anything against the guy personally. To be honest, I think he's a mediocre fighter who wouldn't even be on my radar, if he wasn't dating Tate.

That being said... I think anyone with a heart feels bad for Pat Healy. Dude is NOT raking in the dough. But he comes over from Strikeforce... he puts on a HELL of a performance against Miller (who is a TOUGH dude!) and he wins a whole whack of money... money that was going to CHANGE HIS LIFE! Definitely for the better.

And then it ALL gets taken away. Why??? Because he smoked a joint last month? WHO GIVES A F@#K?!

Really... that's sad. Whether you "agree with drugs" or don't... you'd have to be a moron to argue that him doing what he did gave him ANY sort of physical or technical advantage in that fight.
    So with that being said... it SUCKS that he lost that money.

People feel bad for him.

And coming out and saying "Drugs are bad! I never do drugs! I'm glad to take that guy's money!"

Well... that makes you look REALLY douchey... REALLY fast.

That's my thoughts on it.

To bad caraway isn't a tad heavier. Would be great to see him and Healy fight in a grudge match. We know Healy can't cut any more weight. Dude is huge at lightweight.

I see that Caraway had a chat with his manager and the management.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    I think to sue for slander Caraway would have to prove it's not true. The burden of proof is on the accusing party and in this case Caraway would be accusing her of saying slander so he would need to prove her statements were false.

I don't understand the hate Caraway is getting. I really cant find fault with anything he has said.
    Should have been a man and took the money without words, instead he rubbed it in like a passive-aggressive femboy.

Thread Information