Thread: Anderson Silva’s Trainer Says He Wants Silva To Defeat Jones In NYC Then Retire

Default Anderson Silva’s Trainer Says He Wants Silva To Defeat Jones In NYC Then Retire

“I want to see this as his last fight (in his) career – he wins and retires. “ That is what Rogério Camõess, one of Anderson Silva’s head trainers, told Tatame earlier this week regarding every fight fans dream match-up, Anderson ‘The Spider’ Silva Vs. Jon ‘Bones’ Jones.

While the fight appears inevitable following the news that ‘The Spider’ would be extending his contract by an astounding 10 fights, the UFC and each fighter have yet to come to an agreement. Silva reportedly requested a super-fight from Dana White following UFC 159, alas, White refused to say who exactly Silva asked to fight. Whether the issue be timing, the fact that both men still have challenges in their respective divisions, or that the stars just have yet to align, the proposed fight of the decade is still merely an idea. An idea that a man close to Silva wants to become a reality, just at the perfect time for the 38 year old pound-for-pound king.

Rogério Camõess told Tatame, “The biggest challenge would be Jones. First the natural question of size difference. In his division, Anderson has the advantage of size, but Jon Jones has even more. He has the same power as Anderson.” Jones would sport a nearly a 7 inch reach advantage over Silva, and one would imagine that Jones would weigh much more than Silva the night of the fight, but we all know a strong mind can overcome almost anything.

Camõess went on to say, “He (Anderson) is very reserved in his choices. When he decides he will fight, he calls me, Ramon Lemos, and Distak ,and asks if we think he should fight. But first, the decision is his. He never talked to me about it, I never said any name. He has a work ethic off the charts.”

“After this fight against Chris Weidman, perhaps he will fight Jones in New York, and we will prepare for it. We never chose a fighter. But I would like to see this fight against Jones yes. I think Anderson deserves to end up being called the best fighter ever.”

Read more at Anderson Silva’s Trainer Says He Wants Silva To Defeat Jones In NYC Then Retire MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

Silva vs Jones at MSG would be sooo sick. My only question is if that fight were to happen say next year would AS still call it quits after? or are they assuming that it will take a while for NYC to legalize MMA..

Didnt AS sign a lengthy contract with the UFC?

Assuming it is like 6 fight contract, and Silva usually fights 2x a year, his fight with Jones won't be for another 3 years. I dont see MMA being legalized in NY in the next year, but possibly in 3.

It may all pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Didnt AS sign a lengthy contract with the UFC?

Assuming it is like 6 fight contract, and Silva usually fights 2x a year, his fight with Jones won't be for another 3 years. I dont see MMA being legalized in NY in the next year, but possibly in 3.

It may all pan out.
    its a 10 fight deal, which is why i asked the question if they leagalized it say next year would he still call it quits. If you were going to do the Superfight anywhere how could it not be MSG?

i think bones is to big for Silva, silva gets taken down and like sonnen did to him the first fight but much worse and finishes him, the size is huge here, he man handled sonnen like a ragdoll and thats a world class wrestler, he will maul silva and it hurts me to say this as silva is the best

I just can't imagine Silva actually finishing his contract. It's probably safest for the UFC this way, they won't have to renegotiate for a retirement fight. But, man, if he's really not doing TRT that's a ripe age to be competing against the best of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulForPeace View Post
    i think bones is to big for Silva, silva gets taken down and like sonnen did to him the first fight but much worse and finishes him, the size is huge here, he man handled sonnen like a ragdoll and thats a world class wrestler, he will maul silva and it hurts me to say this as silva is the best
    I'm a Sonnen fan and his offensive wrestling is outstanding. But he's been taken down quite a bit in his career, often by unimpressive wrestlers. His TDD and defensive wrestling may still be the caliber of his defensive BJJ

Thread Information