Thread: Matt Riddle headed to Bellator MMA after Legacy FC contract buyout

1. Default Matt Riddle headed to Bellator MMA after Legacy FC contract buyout

Matt Riddle headed to Bellator MMA after Legacy FC contract buyout - MMAmania.com

nstead of Legacy Fighting Championship, recent UFC fighter Matthew Riddle instead will be heading to Bellator MMA.

Legacy FC promoter Mick Maynard confirmed the news with MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps) following an initial report from AXS TV's "Inside MMA" on Friday.

"It was a deal I couldn't refuse, and it suited our long-term plans better, to be honest," Maynard told MMAjunkie.com.

Bellator hasn't made a formal announcement.

Riddle (7-3) was scheduled to fight July 19 fight at Legacy FC 21, where he was slated to fight fellow welterweight Artenas Young (9-5). There's no word on a possible replacement.

Riddle most recently fought in February, where he earned a split-decision win over Che Mills at UFC on FUEL TV 7. Afterward, Riddle (who is a licensed medical marijuana user in Nevada) tested positive for marijuana metabolites. It was his second such result, and the UFC elected to release him from his contract.

Riddle has spent his entire pro career with the UFC following a stint on "The Ultimate Fighter 7." Riddle came to the show with no professional experience but ultimately fought 12 times in the octagon and had won four consecutive fights before his release, though two were overturned to no-contests following the failed drug tests
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I've really enjoyed seeing Riddle grow up in the sport and I'm very impressed with his skills. It'll be awesome to see him in a Bellator tourney, I think he gives a guy like Lima problems.

I honestly could give two craps about Matt Riddle.

His blatant disregard followed by ridiculous justifications for his need to get high make me apathetic to anything he does.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information