Thread: Maynard may have retired if he lost to Guida

Default Maynard may have retired if he lost to Guida

Maynard may have retired if he lost to Guida - Mixed Martial Arts News

It's been almost a year since Gray Maynard's last fight, a split decision win over Clay Guida. The fight was the main event of a UFC on FX card and was one of the less exciting fights in the history of the UFC. Guida bounced around as he does and he and Maynard barely exchanged in the fight. Maynard was frustrated with how the bout went and says he considered not fighting again had the decision gone the other way:

Had one of the two judges who sided with him in the main event of UFC on FX 4 this past June given just one more of the five rounds to Guida, Maynard wonders if he'd even be the subject of a story right now.

"Most of the time, people get pissed at what I'm doing (in a fight)," Maynard told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps). "But that time, I got pissed at what he was doing. It's an emotional sport. That happened, and thank God I got the win on that – because I don't even think I'd be in the sport right now."

As in retire? Quit? Adios? Maybe, the two-time lightweight challenger said. Had his hand not been raised, he might have just walked away.

"I don't even want to talk about it," he said. "I can't believe it was a split. (But) it happened. I thought long and hard about that."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I don't much care for Maynard. Ever since his NC at the ultimate finale he's just rubbed me the wrong way. I like the way he fights but he just seems to whine and bitch when things don't go his way.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I don't much care for Maynard. Ever since his NC at the ultimate finale he's just rubbed me the wrong way. I like the way he fights but he just seems to whine and bitch when things don't go his way.
    I will take that over what Guida had done in the fight against Maynard and the 15min of LnP he did on Hioki.

Thread Information