Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 96

Thread: UFC ON FX 8: Belfort/Rockhold Live Results and Discussion Thread

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,076

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    It's hard to tell how much weight these photos hold. In the left one he is flexing and the lighting clearly makes him looked more defined that the one on the right. In all honesty vitor looks pretty much the same to me in both pictures.
    All the flexing & lighting in the world would not make that great of a difference.
    One picture he looks normal , though muscular he looks normal (pre-TRT ); the other he looks like he just went fucking Super Saiyan (post - TRT).


    Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

  3. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    All the flexing & lighting in the world would not make that great of a difference.
    One picture he looks normal , though muscular he looks normal (pre-TRT ); the other he looks like he just went fucking Super Saiyan (post - TRT).
    He is almost exactly the same size in both pictures Sure there are nice shadows under his muscles in the left one and it is taken in much better quality than the right photo, but i am not seeing a big difference at all. Your acting like he made an overeem type change.



  4. Default

    UFC 103 (Sept. 19th 2009) - 32 yrs old 195lbs:



    UFC on FX (Jan. 19th 2013) - 36 yrs old 185 lbs:

    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  5. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    UFC 103 (Sept. 19th 2009) - 32 yrs old 195lbs:



    UFC on FX (Jan. 19th 2013) - 36 yrs old 185 lbs:

    I just remember how everyone was amazed by the second half of Roger Clemens' pitching career and how it seemed to defy logic about the traditional arc of an athlete's career, when it should be winding down as the athlete ages and talent declines.

    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.


  6. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    He is almost exactly the same size in both pictures Sure there are nice shadows under his muscles in the left one and it is taken in much better quality than the right photo, but i am not seeing a big difference at all. Your acting like he made an overeem type change.
    Without a doubt he is more chiseled now than what he was in the past. Now this wouldn't be such a big deal but considering his age and further considering as Sak pointed out when he fought Jones he looks a lot softer. The point I was making with the Super Saiyan comment is that he looks a hell of a lot harder (ripped) compared to the other pic where he looks softer (normal muscular tone).
    If you feel it is just lighting and flexing then ok, we just happen to have a difference in opinion of what we see.


    Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

  7. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    So, there's no way 10 lbs of water weight could make that difference in appearance?
    I'd buy the water weight or lighting discrepancies argument if it wasn't for a guy who started his MMA career as a gassed to the gills heavyweight, then drops down to LHW and finally gets popped after years of strong innuendo and is now getting these TRT exemptions at age 36, coincidently in conjunction with a career resurgence at a time where he should traditionally be winding down or at the very least, plateauing rather than looking vastly improved and physically shredded. I don't buy it with Hendo, nor did I Couture, but neither has been popped before, which makes me more cautious of Vitor.

    When I hear hoofsteps, I think horses in this area. I don't buy Vitor as clean or the "outlier' for one second, far too many things strike me as hinky to believe.

  8. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Muskoka, ON
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    Well he has changed camps and one would assume therefore strength and conditioning coach right? That could be the difference there...

    Anyway so happy to see Tibau get a guillotine win! Seems to me I think he beat Dunham or Khabib by sub where whomever it was appeared to tap and then wound up decisioning him. So this is making me very happy! Also damn he's been in the UFC for a long ass time! Nov 2006 and 13-6. Nice to see.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

    RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

    classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

  9. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I just remember how everyone was amazed by the second half of Roger Clemens' pitching career and how it seemed to defy logic about the traditional arc of an athlete's career, when it should be winding down as the athlete ages and talent declines.

    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
    Very good point, but talent doesn't fade with age. Physical ability does. TRT is something I think the sport will fix in time. I look at this as sort of the same thing baseball had in the 90s, though not quite as bad.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •