Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caraway Throws Salt On Wound: Happy To Take Healy’s Bonus, Hates Marijuana Read more

Default Caraway Throws Salt On Wound: Happy To Take Healy’s Bonus, Hates Marijuana Read more

The same guy who went on twitter threatening, UFC female champion, Ronda Rousey with physical violence is back throwing out more classless comments for the world to pick up on.
    Maybe it’s just me, but there’s something to be said for being humble in times when you are rewarded for something you didn’t really deserve.
    At UFC 159 veteran MMA Fighter Pat Healy made his UFC debut with a third round submission victory over top contender Jim Miller.
    The world learned this week that Healy had failed his post-fight drug test for Marijuana and as a result lost a total of $130,000 in bonus earnings.
    With the original ‘Submission of the Night’ victor now ineligible, the bonus money went to the night’s runner-up, Bryan Caraway.
    In his latest rant, Caraway, who is the proud recipient of the Pat Healy Submission of the Night Bonus, went on record to MMAJunkie.com to discuss his thoughts on the use or Marijuana and his new bonus money for a second place submission. While showing little class, or even the slightest bit of humility he went on to trash the use of Marijuana and express that he has zero remorse for taking Healy’s bonus earnings.
    To me, it’s all just a little too “douchey”.
    “I couldn’t be more happy, and it was an insanely pleasant surprise. All I’ve got to say is that’s some expensive weed. I like Healy a lot. I came up through the fighting ranks with him. We used to train together at Team Quest. I love the guy. But I have absolutely zero remorse or guilt. I hate weed. I cannot stand it. I’ve never tried it. I’ve never smoked a drug in my life. So I have absolutely zero tolerance for people that do it. I don’t care if it’s legal in some places or not. I think it’s absolutely ridiculous. Whether it’s legal in real life or not, they tell you to follow the rules. You need to follow the rules.”

Read more at Caraway Throws Salt On Wound: Happy To Take Healy’s Bonus, Hates Marijuana MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights
    Source: Caraway Throws Salt On Wound: Happy To Take Healy’s Bonus, Hates Marijuana MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Will somebody give this guy a joint.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier

0-1 on sig bets.

This article sounds really biased to me. Caraway doesn't come across as classless at all. He has an opinion on the matter and he's entitled to it. Why would he feel bad? If you know you're going to be tested, it's no one's fault but your own if you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Yea that wasn't any where near as bad as they tried makin it sound
    LJS-NEMS

Never tried weed. Hates it. Seems legit...
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Bryan Caraway sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    This article sounds really biased to me. Caraway doesn't come across as classless at all. He has an opinion on the matter and he's entitled to it. Why would he feel bad? If you know you're going to be tested, it's no one's fault but your own if you fail.
    Agreed, it definitely has an undercurrent of bias against Caraway, or maybe it's towards weed? However, Caraway is also in the wrong, and is ignorant, he even admits as much saying he's never tried the drug, and hates it.

Irrespective of the subject matter, it's hard to cast a reasonable judgment on anything without hearing (or in this case experiencing) both sides of the story, right? I'm not saying that if Caraway got high he would suddenly change his tune and start calling for weed legalisation, but I can't trust or accept the judgment of a man who admits his argument is flawed.

As for his stance on the rules, he's bang on. Healy messed up. I'm all for a change in the rules, but as it stands we all know you're not allowed to smoke (at least leading up to a fight) if you want to get in the cage.

Sorry, but thems the rules for now, and breaking them will do little to help your cause, and a lot to hurt your bank balance.

0-1 on sig bets.

And where are the clasless comments??
    Maybe the author is a huge lover of weed and he didn't like the fact that someone said a bad thing about it.

He said that he is very happy with the bonus (And who would not be happy with 130,000 extra bucks?? You can buy a wonderful car with that money) and that he has never smoke any weed and that he actually hates it. What was so clasless about those comments?

What he should have said? Something like "Yeah man, ya know, I am kinda upset because I know that I do not deserve the money, I am actually going to give it back to Healy because he did nothing wrong. Come on, there is nothing wrong with marihuana, its is not even a drug, it is a medicine, it is not a PED or anything like that. I am gonna give him the money and we are gonna smoke some nice weed after that"?
    Last edited by Pasha K; 05-17-2013 at 10:01 PM.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    Caraway is also in the wrong, and is ignorant, he even admits as much saying he's never tried the drug, and hates it.
    So you definitely have to try everything in life in order to know what do you like and what do you hate??
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by CapCee View Post
    Never tried weed. Hates it. Seems legit...
    Tell me thoughts on sucking dick then?
    LJS-NEMS

Thread Information