Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vitor Belfort won't discuss TRT, says getting older, better after UFC on FX 8 KO

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Vitor vs Jacare makes sense and would be a sick fight, especially since they both were virtually unscathed and should be ready to go again fairly soon without too much downtime. I think that is a much better idea of keeping them active and waiting for the winner of Silva/Weidman as well as giving Souza a legit chance to stake his claim as a contender for the belt now that Rockhold got taken down a notch.

thoughts?
    Be a good fight but doesn't make sense for a couple reasons...

- Vitor just ran through the guy that took Jacare's title from him so rankings wise Vitor is a ahead imo and not much to gain from a win.

- Jacare should have been facing a much higher ranked opponent in his ufc debut. (All due respect to Camozzi) It doesn't make sense to go from Camozzi to Belfort in the ranking of things.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Because a picture is worth a 1000 words;

This is a cute trick with lighting, but lets suppose that his body is "different". How about other changes fighters can make to get more ripped? Like changes in diet? Or even different exercise routines? Hell for all we know Vitor could have gone P90X or some shit. But no TRT just makes more sense, because Forrest was a monster when he was on it........
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

3. Default

If lighting does that to a body, ill order 20 of them. And pay someone to walk around with the lighting always holding it to my body.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

He's more vascular now and his skin is clearly starting to show age and ill-effects of weight gain and drop. Similar to some pro wrestlers as they age.

However, part of the difference in those photos can be attributed to his moving up 20 pounds to fight Jones and then cutting it. Clearly he held some mass from his venture to 205.

I'm not saying it's all on the up and up but someone who bulks up an additional 20 (even 15 or 10) would show better muscle mass when they dropped back down; especially at a weigh-in where they are dehydrated.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    He's more vascular now and his skin is clearly starting to show age and ill-effects of weight gain and drop. Similar to some pro wrestlers as they age.

However, part of the difference in those photos can be attributed to his moving up 20 pounds to fight Jones and then cutting it. Clearly he held some mass from his venture to 205.

I'm not saying it's all on the up and up but someone who bulks up an additional 20 (even 15 or 10) would show better muscle mass when they dropped back down; especially at a weigh-in where they are dehydrated.
    I agree with you, sir.

6. Default

Does anyone have any idea why the UFC had him fight a catchweight his first fight in the promotion?

He fought at Middleweight at the last Affliction show.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Wasn't Franklin on his way up to 205 anyway and Vitor requested 195 catch?

I'm still not quite sure what happened there.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Wasn't Franklin on his way up to 205 anyway and Vitor requested 195 catch?

I'm still not quite sure what happened there.
    Yup, Franklin put on weight for his jump up to LHW and could not make 185.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Does anyone have any idea why the UFC had him fight a catchweight his first fight in the promotion?

He fought at Middleweight at the last Affliction show.
    Not sure but I think that may have had more to do with Franklin than anything. He was on his LHW/195lbs streak at that point.

Thread Information