Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vitor Belfort won't discuss TRT, says getting older, better after UFC on FX 8 KO

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Best part of the article as it is 100% spot on. Ball is in the UFCs court now.
    Best part of the article is that it is biased towards your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Good idea. I like Vitor Vs Jacare a lot. That fight has the potential to be a block buster but can Vitor deal with Jacare's wrestling?
    It would be fireworks and a barnburner for sure! I'm gonna answer your question with a question of my own: Can Souza deal with Belfort's power? Sprawl n Brawl baby, all night long with that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Be a good fight but doesn't make sense for a couple reasons...

- Vitor just ran through the guy that took Jacare's title from him so rankings wise Vitor is a ahead imo and not much to gain from a win.

- Jacare should have been facing a much higher ranked opponent in his ufc debut. (All due respect to Camozzi) It doesn't make sense to go from Camozzi to Belfort in the ranking of things.
    yes Jacare should of gotten a higher ranked opponent, which is why i'm saying throw him to Belfort and see how he holds up. Weidman/Silva is inked, Belfort is practically unscathed, why not make Belfort face someone else who is knocking on contendership's door while waiting for Weidman/Silva winner to get healthy after that fight in July? enter Ronaldo Souza..... So I guess Souza/Munoz then if you want me to go by "their rankings"?
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 05-21-2013 at 10:44 AM.

I don't see why Vitor would need to take a step back to fight Jacare. Also, as I stated earlier, I can't see Jacare's standup allowing him to make it out of the first round. His takedowns aren't strong enough and his set-ups will get him killed.

Vitor's situation is perplexing to say the least. It seems he's not exactly worthy of fighting for the title given the losses to Jones (and the Jones loss shouldn't really be held against him since he took the fight as a stand-in for Machida) and Silva but I just don't see anyone at MW beating him except Weidman who's busy. Add in the TRT/Vegas/Cali thing and you have a real dilemma.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

...he's still doing it wrong.

If he has been tested by a reputable source in intervals short enough to prevent cycling, he should be hand out photocopies. He's treating symptoms--not the cause--of his PR concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I don't see why Vitor would need to take a step back to fight Jacare.
    Other than the winner of Silva/Weidman...the only fight I feel makes sense for Vitor is Okami at this point.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Belfort/Okami.

Thread Information