View Poll Results: Is it OK for Hendo but not Vitor

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's OK for Hendo to use it (reasons please)

12 33.33%
  • No, he shouldn't get special consideration if Vitor doesn't

24 66.67%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you feel the same about Hendo as you do Vitor? (TRT wise)

Default Do you feel the same about Hendo as you do Vitor? (TRT wise)

I see a lot of people giving it to Vitor over TRT. I don't think it should be allowed in sports period. It also seems like most people give Hendo a pass on it. So do you think it's OK for Hendo to use but not Vitor?

I give Hendo the most minute pass over Vitor, if only because Vitor has been popped before and Hendo hasn't. Regardless, I think Hendo is in "unrealistic" territory too.

I haven't come out as opposed to vitor's usage of trt but I feel a little differently b/c a) vitor has popped hot before and b) hendo is my favorite fighter.

Either way a commission is letting them do it. As long as it is legal and a commission allows it and a grown consenting adult agrees to fight them then so be it. I love seeing these fighters to out and knock heads but it probably isn't fair. Maybe they should have a trt league. Would love to see a rematch of hendo vs vitor 2.trt

It's legal so I'm fine with it, but they do need it for different reasons.
    USA! USA! USA!

No mention of sonnen? After he admitted self-administering doses that constitute abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I haven't come out as opposed to vitor's usage of trt but I feel a little differently b/c a) vitor has popped hot before and b) hendo is my favorite fighter.
    I don't know that either one of them are abusing it. I'm witholding judgment on either.

I do wish they'd take it upon themselves to get tested at repeated close intervals that would indicate they can't actually cycle on and off. I think it would do a lot to improve the reputation of the process and of the sport in general.

Either way a commission is letting them do it.
    I'm actually a Vitor fan since his sister was taken...but a commission isn't letting him do it. If he's only going to be fighting out of Brazil, he's not getting regulated like fighters stateside.

As long as it is legal and a commission allows it and a grown consenting adult agrees to fight them then so be it.
    I'm a pretty huge Rockhold fan, and I actually wanted him to beat Vitor--I had him ranked above Belfort, as I felt a win over Jacare was a much, much better win than Belfort over Bisping [still do, in fact]. But I was disappointed in him whining about TRT.

If you're going to accept the fight, accept the terms. Don't whine about it to hype the fight.

Ultimately, I'm not so simple as to think it's legal steroids. I'm not going to assume that anyone who is using is abusing. If it's done appropriately, it doesn't give a 36 year old fighter the T of a 24 year old fighter...it gives him the T of a normal 36 year old man.

But if the AC's aren't going to regulate, it should be on zuffa's agenda. I know dana said some bullshit about "we're going to test the shit out of you" but dana is more full of shit than any fighter out there.

That being said, I think the public perception of Belfort as a juicer plays a role in whether he gets a rematch vs. Silva or a title shot vs. Weidman in the case of the upset. I think that's the only way to get dana to care about TRT...if it starts effecting income.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    It's legal so I'm fine with it, but they do need it for different reasons.
    You sure about that? Most people think Hendo is clean but he fought in Pride most of his career so who knows for sure?

I am of the opinion that Hendo's need for TRT just solidifies my suspicions about his steroid use in Japan. This is my opinion only. I do not base it on facts, just what I see

Edit: I didn't include Sonnen because he isn't relevant to the sport.

If Hendo had tested positive for an anabolic steroid, in the past, then I would feel the same way about him using TRT as I do about Belfort. Strange that the fight Vitor tested positive in, was against Hendo.

To me, that shows that one of the reasons (or THE reason) why Vitor is now on TRT, is likely from past steroid use. There's no evidence of Hendo having a history of steroid use, causing him to have low testosterone. Circumstantial evidence, and nothing more.

8. Default

I have no problem with TRT itself. However, if I feel that someone is purposely abusing the treatment, then I don't think they should be allowed to use it while competing anymore.

TRT isn't the problem. The testing, or lack thereof, is.
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    You sure about that? Most people think Hendo is clean but he fought in Pride most of his career so who knows for sure?

I am of the opinion that Hendo's need for TRT just solidifies my suspicions about his steroid use in Japan. This is my opinion only. I do not base it on facts, just what I see

Edit: I didn't include Sonnen because he isn't relevant to the sport.
    I don't know how to respond to this. You admit that what you are saying is pure speculation so I can respect that. I guess to answer your question in the most respectful way I can, no I am not with him all the time, but he hasn't failed a test yet and that is fact not speculation. I fully believe that hendo is clean. I know better than most about how badly cutting weight can mess you up.

I also think Sonnen is relevant seeing as how he is arguably the second best MW on the planet.
    USA! USA! USA!

Once again, I don't think anyone should be able to use TRT in MMA. If you don't naturally have the testosterone needed, you shouldn't be able to fight. But if your gonna let one person use it then you can't very well say nobody else gets to either.

And the thing with Sonnen is, he got a fight with Jones based on his promo cutting ability. He then proved that he had absolutely no business in that fight. I honestly don't think he's #2 MW either but that's all opinion anyhow. He has lost to Silva twice now and won't be getting a shot until Silva retires or loses. To me he's irrelevant except as an announcer or comedic act leading up to a fight. He performs much better on a mic than in a cage.

Thread Information