Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke Cummo wants to reform MMA - no head contact

Hybrid View

Default Luke Cummo wants to reform MMA - no head contact

Luke Cummo wants to reform MMA - no head contact - Mixed Martial Arts News

Luke Cummo recently posted a vlog in his YouTube channel that is a little unusual, even for the often unusual Cummo.

In short, he wants to remake MMA into an event called the League of Assassins, taking out head striking, among other changes.

ďItís called MMA but itís very dangerous," said Cummo. "Trust me. Iíve been there. Itís damaging - to childrenÖ As a parent, I would never recommend fighting for somebodyís baby. Itís a mindless, stupid industry profiting from the spilled blood of the innocent, honest to god.Ē

ďYou have to put on glovesÖ but then youíre gonna kick and youíre gonna knee and youíre gonna elbow the other guy - somebodyís baby. Thereís no padding on those thingsÖ and thatís another living being over there, a precious life. I feel for you as a soldier. I used to be one. Youíre not a stupid beast. Nobody is. Youíre not a programmable killing machine. You are, still, now and for all time, your parentís baby to be cherished and nourished, not to kill or be killed. Thatís old school, weíre cutting edge over here.Ē

ďItís called Against the Cage and we are reforming the current system of martial arts practice to be more safe and enjoyable for all ages and experience levels because your practice over hereÖ it could be fun, it could be really fun, seriously. But up to this moment you couldíve been locked in a cage, unfortunately, and taught that itís OK to hurt someone else - or worse. But itís not. Youíre a living being and your life is worth far more, far, far more than what has been acceptable in the past in this promoted live-hard, die fast lifestyle. No. Weíre going to live long and prosper, baby!Ē

ďGetting punched in the head is not healthy, trust me. I did it for years and Iím messed up because of it. Thatís why Iím telling you, itís for everybodyís best interest. Donít let those babies do MMA. If they are, if youíre dead set on practicing martial arts which I think could be a beautiful thing, what I do is called the League of AssassinsÖWe donít do knockouts, thatís silly. Why would you want to do that? Then itís game over. Donít break any bones, thatís not good either.

"When we do our training in the league, we say itís only one league, all one. And weíre doing it together; we donít want to hurt anyone. We want to build up value. And every time you do a technique, you get more value and we can rank up. In this league, thereís some mythical beasts instead of belts. Itís a whole system."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Wow, this guy is a friggin weirdo. There is literally nothing good about anything he said. If you're afraid of getting hit in the head, MMA is not for you. Leave the sport and shut up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

if you dont like it get the fuck out. Nobody is forcing anyone to compete in MMA...

sick of this whiny ass bitch shit

Sooooo it's called the League of Assassins. Luke does know that an assassin kills people right? Oh I forgot it's ok to kill people if you don't hit them in the head first, my mistake. Carry on.

Don’t let those babies do MMA. Then it’s game over. In this league, there’s some mythical beasts.

That is all.

7. Default

stick to BJJ, judo, or anything already invented that doesn't head hunt

MMA without strikes is basically BJJ. Plenty of people prefer it as a martial art because you can train hard without hurting each other.

Zombie is born!

Personally, I'd rather remove Luke Cummo from my memory banks than remove head strikes from a fight sport.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information