Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Bitter' Volkmann plans to 'expose' the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    Sniff Sniff, man that was hard to read without tearing up. Sad to hear a guy only took home 42k last year after having a winning percentage of 33% at his craft. Some things just aint right.
    Not only that, he only fought twice last year. I know there's training and all, but 42K for 2 fights? Not too bad in my book.
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    "magic's just science we don't understand yet." Arthur C. Clarke.

Wasn't the UFC all bitter and bent out of shape with Jon Fitch over the whole likeness rights?

I'm sure the UFC also wasn't too pleased with Volkmann's political agenda.

He's a great wrestler with great grappling technique but I believe in the end it was his mouth that got him in trouble.

Oh, and he forgets to add that he makes a living as Chiropractor and a H.S. wrestling coach, not to mention sponsorship money. I'm sure he made more than just $55k and $42k in the last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Wasn't the UFC all bitter and bent out of shape with Jon Fitch over the whole likeness rights?

I'm sure the UFC also wasn't too pleased with Volkmann's political agenda.

He's a great wrestler with great grappling technique but I believe in the end it was his mouth that got him in trouble.

Oh, and he forgets to add that he makes a living as Chiropractor and a H.S. wrestling coach, not to mention sponsorship money. I'm sure he made more than just $55k and $42k in the last 2 years.
    You know what, I had forgotten all that crap he was bragging about way back. What a TWIT.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

As for his comments like "there was that much politics, You’ve got to know the right person, have the right manager in there", he is absolutely right but that applies in any other profession, not only in MMA.

It looks that you must love so damn much MMA if you want to make a career out of it, because it looks that unless you are a Top 15 world class fighter, you will definitely need a second job in order to survive.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

"The healthcare plan is horrible"
    who has better than the UFC ?

and yeah the star awalys gets treated better

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    As for his comments like "there was that much politics, You’ve got to know the right person, have the right manager in there", he is absolutely right but that applies in any other profession, not only in MMA.

It looks that you must love so damn much MMA if you want to make a career out of it, because it looks that unless you are a Top 15 world class fighter, you will definitely need a second job in order to survive.
    Both Joe Lauzon and Chris Lytle were barely top 15 fighters and made a shitload of money with bonuses. They're exciting and fan friendly. That is the key to having great success as a fighter.

Volkmann is the Fitch and Okami of the LW division. He could take anyone down and control the hell out of them, (but not like Brendon Schaub vs Lavar Johnson kinda control), using superior grappling technique. I dont think the UFC wants to see these kinda grapplers shutdown the fan friendly, exciting fighters.

Both Joe Lauzon and Chris Lytle were barely top 15 fighters and made a shitload of money with bonuses. They're exciting and fan friendly. That is the key to having great success as a fighter.

Volkmann is the Fitch and Okami of the LW division. He could take anyone down and control the hell out of them, (but not like Brendon Schaub vs Lavar Johnson kinda control), using superior grappling technique. I dont think the UFC wants to see these kinda grapplers shutdown the fan friendly, exciting fighters.
    My point is that you really have to be a world class fighter if you want to make a decent living with only MMA.
    In many other professions you do not have to be of world class level and you can make a living and you can feed a family.
    In MMA it looks like you really have to be fighting within a Top organization, and be an important fighter there in order to make good money.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    My point is that you really have to be a world class fighter if you want to make a decent living with only MMA.
    In many other professions you do not have to be of world class level and you can make a living and you can feed a family.
    In MMA it looks like you really have to be fighting within a Top organization, and be an important fighter there in order to make good money.
    Pat Healy isn't a world class fighter, and he made $152,500 in a single night (of course losing $130k of it later) but the point is he made that much because he went out there and performed.

Matt Brown isn't a world class fighter and between his 4 fights in 2012, he made in the $160k range, all because he went out there and won all of his fights. $160k is a lot of money to make a 'decent' living with. Granted he had to pay for his training out of that money but he probably made a good amount with sponsorship and perhaps performance bonuses. He's already made $110k, as reported, in one fight in 2013.

By comparison in another profession:

According to the Labor Department, the median annual salary for an accountant was $62,850 in 2011. The best-paid 10 percent earned roughly $109,870, while the lowest-paid made approximately $39,640.

Volkmann made an avg of $43.5k after taxes in the last 2 years from fighting. He's also a Chiropractor and a dedicated H.S. wrestling coach, so I'm sure his income was a lot more than what he's saying. If he wanted to make more as a fighter, he should have not gotten overconfident in the Paul Sass and Bobby Green fight and he would be enjoying the longest winning streak in the LW division.

I made like $21,000 last year so fuck him,lol.

Pat Healy isn't a world class fighter, and he made $152,500 in a single night (of course losing $130k of it later) but the point is he made that much because he went out there and performed.

Matt Brown isn't a world class fighter and between his 4 fights in 2012, he made in the $160k range, all because he went out there and won all of his fights. $160k is a lot of money to make a 'decent' living with. Granted he had to pay for his training out of that money but he probably made a good amount with sponsorship and perhaps performance bonuses. He's already made $110k, as reported, in one fight in 2013.

By comparison in another profession:

According to the Labor Department, the median annual salary for an accountant was $62,850 in 2011. The best-paid 10 percent earned roughly $109,870, while the lowest-paid made approximately $39,640.

Volkmann made an avg of $43.5k after taxes in the last 2 years from fighting. He's also a Chiropractor and a dedicated H.S. wrestling coach, so I'm sure his income was a lot more than what he's saying. If he wanted to make more as a fighter, he should have not gotten overconfident in the Paul Sass and Bobby Green fight and he would be enjoying the longest winning streak in the LW division.
    You used top 10 fighters in their division as an example. Null argument, only proved his point.

Thread Information