+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overeem vs. Browne confirmed for August 16th on FOX Sports 1

Default Overeem vs. Browne confirmed for August 16th on FOX Sports 1

Overeem vs. Browne confirmed for August 16th on FOX Sports 1 - Mixed Martial Arts News

Earlier this month a rumor circulated that Alistair Overeem would be making his return to action at the UFC's debut on FOX Sports 1 on August or possibly UFC 164. Today we learn that a bout with Travis Browne at the FOX Sports 1 event has been confirmed:

Alistair Overeem's return to the octagon has been shifted from UFC 164 to the promotion's debut event on FOX Sports 1.

Mutiple sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps) that Overeem (36-12 MMA, 1-1 UFC) is set to meet fellow standout heavyweight Travis Browne (14-1-1 MMA, 5-1-1 UFC) at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1, which takes place Aug. 17 at TD Garden in Boston.

Although the fight will be part of the night's main card and a major attraction, it won't even be the main event, UFC President Dana White subsequently told MMAjunkie.com. That assures at least one other significant bout will be added to the card.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

roy or barnett vs. reem makes so much more sense

Cant wait to see Browne get destroyed

Tho seems, might not be, to be a tune up fight to get the ole hype train rolling again.

Quote Originally Posted by SOOFNUN View Post
    Tho seems, might not be, to be a tune up fight to get the ole hype train rolling again.
    Browne had a lot of hype around him too; I think this is win/win for the UFC.

And I would not overlook Browne in this one. I think folks expected too much of him too quickly, but if Reem is started a post-roids career slide then this is far from in the bag for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Browne is no pushover but I can't stand him after watching him showboating vs Silva (was glad he got ktfo and I hate Bigfoot).

Overeem should be fine as long as he keeps his hands up and doesn't fight like a jackass like he did against Silva. I don't really have a sure winner in this one tho, just judging by last performances (granted overeems teste levels were way low too). Idk how much that could have hindered his last fight.

I bet, if Overeem loses he is cut.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I bet, if Overeem loses he is cut.
    Yes, if he ALSO tests hot. Otherwise, given how shallow the HW division is, I think it would be hard to cut a guy like AO, who can sell PPVs. I think he will become the Kongo of the HW division, beating inferior opponents, but losing to the better guys at HW.

Almost everybody thought that Overeem would kill BigFoot and we saw what happened.
    To me, Browne is not a joke. I think Overeem is the favorite, but I will not be extremely surprised if Browne pulls the upset.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information