Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thaigo Silva On Marijuana In MMA: ‘Some drink, I like to smoke’

Default Thaigo Silva On Marijuana In MMA: ‘Some drink, I like to smoke’

EXCLUSIVE | Thaigo Silva On Marijuana In MMA: ‘Some drink, I like to smoke’ | BJPENN.COM RADIO MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

For Thiago Silva’s sake, he does not smoke marijuana because of his fighting career, but he sympathizes with those who do.

“You know, it’s very complicated what to say about that,” said Silva. “A lot of guys, they like to drink, you know; I don’t drink, I like to smoke. I don’t smoke any more, because I really can’t [with my career], but I used to like a lot because it helps me to relax- it’s not like a drug like everybody say[s]. So actually, it’s legal in California, you know. To be honest, I don’t think it’s fair, you know, because it doesn’t change your performance.”

Silva reiterates the sentiments of many who support the use of marijuana: it is legally prescribed in several states within the US, it is less destructive than substances like alcohol, and most importantly, it is inaccurate to label marijuana as a ‘Performance Enhancing Drug.’ Even still, Silva admits that he does not smoke marijuana now, so the fighter understands that, as long as state athletic commissions list it as a banned substance, it is something professional fighters will simply have to avoid putting into their system if they want to succeed in the cage.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Sad, so many fights are being overturned. Just legalize it already.

BUT, rules are rules and come on stop a month before the fight and your gravy. Fighters responsibility.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Yup just legalize it. I heard it was fully legal in Colorado and you can buy it in grocery stores. I also heard just cause states legalize it doesn't really mean much feds can still raid your "LEGAL" stores because its still banned by the FEDS. I think thats kind of jacked up.

ah...more misinformation from the peanut-brain gallery:

it’s not like a drug like everybody say[s].
    Actually, it is a drug, like everybody says. At least everybody who isn't trying to rip off a Robin Williams comedy routine from the 1970s.

So actually, it’s legal in California, you know.
    So actually, it's...kind of not legal in California, you know?

To be honest, I don’t think it’s fair, you know, because it doesn’t change your performance.
    To be honest, it's prohibited because it's a federally banned substance, not because it's a PED.

Silva reiterates the sentiments of many who support the use of marijuana: it is legally prescribed in several states within the US,
    uhm...no. It's not legally prescribed anywhere in the US. It can be recommended for treatment, and a license can be issued for a patient to possess it.

it is less destructive than substances like alcohol
    Potentially. Moderation being critical...excessive use of either is detrimental to different systems in the body.

and most importantly, it is inaccurate to label marijuana as a ‘Performance Enhancing Drug.’
    The only people even referring to it with anything close to those terms are the people who are saying it should be allowed because it's not performance enhancing. The people prohibiting it are doing so because it is a banned substance.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

You weren't expecting an earth-shattering revelation from Thiago Silva were you?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

Actually, it is a drug, like everybody says. At least everybody who isn't trying to rip off a Robin Williams comedy routine from the 1970s.

To be honest, it's prohibited because it's a federally banned substance, not because it's a PED.

uhm...no. It's not legally prescribed anywhere in the US. It can be recommended for treatment, and a license can be issued for a patient to possess it.

Potentially. Moderation being critical...excessive use of either is detrimental to different systems in the body.

The only people even referring to it with anything close to those terms are the people who are saying it should be allowed because it's not performance enhancing. The people prohibiting it are doing so because it is a banned substance.

rh
    Like, chill out daddy o. You're harshin my mellow. Just like, be one with everything man. Nature and stuff, man. Nature and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

7. Default

Kevo the BIG DADDY O kinda rhimes/ rolls right off the tongue

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Kevo the BIG DADDY O kinda rhimes/ rolls right off the tongue
    That's what the ladies call me.

I have to pay them to call me that, but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

rh

For those whom are interested:
    18 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    California's medical marijuana program is a blueprint for how NOT to enact a viable policy...but I'm pretty sure you still can't get a license to just help you relax.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information