Thread: UFC 160 LHW winner wants winner of UFC 161's Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson

1. Default UFC 160 LHW winner wants winner of UFC 161's Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson

Glover Teixeira wants winner of UFC 161's Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson - MMA Fighting

it didn't long for UFC lightweight Glover Teixeira to figure out his next move after besting James Te Huna by first-round submission at 2:38 on Saturday night at UFC 160.

Ed Soares, the manager of Teixeira, spoke to MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani in Las Vegas following Teixeira's victory. According to Soares, Teixeira is eying the winner of the main event for UFC 161: a light heavyweight clash between former UFC heavyweight champion Rashad Evans and former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson.

Evans, 33, is coming off of a unanimous decision loss against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 156 in February. Henderson, 42, most recently competed at UFC 157 in February where he lost to Lyoto Machida by split decision. The pair will headline UFC 161 on June 15 at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Should Teixeira's request for that fight not materialize, Soares contends there is another possibility for the Brazilian: a match against Machida. Soares insists, however, a bout against Machida can take place "only for the [UFC light heavyweight] belt."
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I think it makes sense. It would really be the next logical opponent for him. He's getting awfully close to that title shot. Jones better watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

It should be either that fight or the winner of the co main event.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Oh hell yeah, either fight would be an awesome match-up. You can never, ever count Henderson out of a fight, but I see Texeira taking either of these guys to be honest. He's hungrier than either guy, and after Evans' last performance I'm not sure he would withstand Texeira's pressure for the full 3 (or more likely 5) rounds.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

If I was him I would want to be fighting Guss or Machida... If he waits he is looking for another 4-5 months before he fights again.. Also I think if Anderson wins his next fight you will see him fight Jones witch would pretty much tie up the LHW belt for the rest of the year

Thread Information