Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: UFC 160 Discussion: Cain vs Bigfoot

Done and done. Good card, I'm gutted about Hunt but TJ taking out Maynard was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Bleh.
    Bleh? Come on now sak

Awesome fucking card from top to bottom, Ill take a blemish from the main event which we all saw coming from a mile away

I pretty knew the outcome of every fight aside from Maynard getting his ass whipped. Hunt losing broke my heart, but I knew it was coming, as was the absolute smashing layed down on Bigfoot. Not excited about Cain vs dos santos 3... But I'll watch it anyway haha.

They just announced Forrest's retirement at the post fight presser. Not much of a shock.

UFC 160 Post-fight Press Conference - YouTube

For anyone that wants to watch
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Forrests retiring here now? the fuck? haha

Man what a card. Every fight delivered. Thought Holloway got robbed. TJ was nuts, Glover was dominant, Spinning fucking heel kick from JDS, main event was meh for me as it was pretty expected. Great night of fights. Bring on Cain vs JDS 3

Hahahaha I thought Hunt was going to KO JDS? I told y'all, but nobody would listen. War Cigano.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Nice to see JDS, Pyle, and Glover get the W though.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

What a heartbreaking night of fights. As if Gray losing wasn't bad enough Hunt getting knocked out a stumbling as he tries to get up was difficult to stomach. Shitty end to a shitty week.

Edit: ...and Forest retired just wonderful. Not entirely unexpected but still... fuck tonight!
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Wow Cigano is just something special!
    I thought that he would try to take down Hunt immediately and look for a sub.
    Instead of that, not only he decided to stand up with a K-1 machine, he outstroke him and knocked him out clean with a kick like that!! What an awesome performance.
    It kinda looks like Cigano and Cain are the Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo of MMA. They are just in a whole different league from the rest of fighters.

Someone can show me a gif of the TJ KO? Because I do not understand how it was not Cigano who got the KO of the night.

Cain looked great. I kinda feel a little bit bad for BigFoot, because I think he was very motivated and wanted to at least give a better fight than a year ago, instead of that, he got finished in 1 minute.

Teixeira looked very good. Give him maybe one more fight and then a title shot. 19 wins in a row is something that very few people achieve.

Nurmagomedov is also something special. Anyone knows how many takedowns he landed? I do not think that there exist a fight with more takedowns. A whole different thing is that he was unable to keep Trujillo down, but what a dominant performance.
    I think that he should fight a Top 5 guy in his next fight. He is 4-0 in the UFC, 20-0 overall, and has absolutely dominated everybody.
    His attitude before the fights is annoying but he is a great fighter.

BTW it would be fun to watch Trujillo vs Gleison Tibau. It is unbelievable that they are LWs, they look very very huge for that weigh class.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information