UFC legend Forrest Griffin announces his retirement at UFC 160 post-fight press conference - Bloody Elbow

UFC president Dana White announced Griffin's retirement at the UFC 160 post-fight press conference.

"It's been a good 8 years I guess. The biggest thing I've learned is that when Dana White says retire you should retire, or else you'll blow your knee out before your next fight," Griffin said.

"He's staying with the UFC, he'll have some role. Hopefully he'll do more work than Chuck Liddell was. He'll have a job hear as long as I'm alive," Dana White added

"Having them push your fights, and you don't actually fight, it's time to retire. UFC does a lot of charity stuff locally, for the troops, It's always something I've wanted to pursue," Griffin added.

"I saw the Brian Stann Wanderlei fight. And I thought if I don't have another one of those in me, it's time to retire. "This has been my dream since 2000, this has been all I want to do. So I don't really know what's next," said Griffin.

White told Karyn Bryant following the presser that Griffin and Stephan Bonnar will be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame in July.