Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC legend Forrest Griffin announces his retirement at UFC 160 post-fight press confe

Default UFC legend Forrest Griffin announces his retirement at UFC 160 post-fight press confe

UFC legend Forrest Griffin announces his retirement at UFC 160 post-fight press conference - Bloody Elbow

UFC president Dana White announced Griffin's retirement at the UFC 160 post-fight press conference.

"It's been a good 8 years I guess. The biggest thing I've learned is that when Dana White says retire you should retire, or else you'll blow your knee out before your next fight," Griffin said.

"He's staying with the UFC, he'll have some role. Hopefully he'll do more work than Chuck Liddell was. He'll have a job hear as long as I'm alive," Dana White added

"Having them push your fights, and you don't actually fight, it's time to retire. UFC does a lot of charity stuff locally, for the troops, It's always something I've wanted to pursue," Griffin added.

"I saw the Brian Stann Wanderlei fight. And I thought if I don't have another one of those in me, it's time to retire. "This has been my dream since 2000, this has been all I want to do. So I don't really know what's next," said Griffin.

White told Karyn Bryant following the presser that Griffin and Stephan Bonnar will be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame in July.

2. Default

Griffin and Bonnar going in together? That's pretty cool.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Never been a fan of him at all but at least he had some entertaining fights.
    I will never forget his fight with Anderson.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Sad to see him go, but I'd rather that happen than him fight for too long. Forrest never was the best fighter, but has heart for days, and I respect the hell out of that. Glad to see him go into the HOF.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    "I saw the Brian Stann Wanderlei fight. And I thought if I don't have another one of those in me, it's time to retire."
    Great point by Forrest, fighting's not the kind of sport you can compete at with one foot in, you've got to be in it to win it 100%, and it's a shame Forrest doesn't have that fire anymore, but understandable, too.

Forrest is one of my favourite fighters (I had a Forrest avatar for the best part of a year after joining this forum), and it's a shame to see him retire, but thanks for the performances Griffin, you're one of a kind!

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Unfortunate that there was never a third fight between him and Bonnar. Had some crazy fights though.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I always enjoyed his fights and funny self deprecating demeanor. I borrowed his book from A buddy and received several good laughs. Glad to see bonnar going in with him. Hope bonnar can get back in good graces.

"He's staying with the UFC, he'll have some role. Hopefully he'll do more work than Chuck Liddell was.
    is this a shot at chuck? whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by rabidsponge View Post
    is this a shot at chuck? whats up with that?
    You'd have to see the conference to understand it in context. He was making a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Forrest is a douche, good riddance.

The final image of him in the octagon was that ridiculous showing after the Tito III fight, which was an uberpunk move.

Thread Information