+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thiago Silva Willing to Move Up in Weight to Fight Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva

1. Default Thiago Silva Willing to Move Up in Weight to Fight Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva

EXCLUSIVE | Thiago Silva Willing to Move Up in Weight to Fight Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva | BJPenn.com Radio MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

Our boys Pedro Carrasco and George Mathews were back in shop on Wednesday (June 12th) for the latest episode of BJPenn.com Radio and they were joined by recent ‘Fight of the Night’ and ‘Knock Out of the Night’ bonus winner, UFC light heavyweight contender Thiago Silva. Silva is fresh off of the heels of a KO of Rafael ‘Feijao’ Cavalcante last Saturday at UFC on FUEL TV 10 in Brazil and the vicious striker was kind enough to stop in and discuss the latest news. Silva talked about his victory over “Feijao’, what he feels is next in his career, and, in lieu of Bigfoot Silva recently calling Thiago out following his win over ‘Feijao’, talked about Antonio and his strange threats and accusations toward him. Here are some of the highlights from that interview:

First Thiago spoke about how he was feeling now that the win over Cavalcante has had time to sink. He explained, “I feel good man, I feel happy.”
    The conversation then quickly shifted toward the recent drama that has been kicked-up between UFC heavyweight Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva and Thiago following his KO of “Feijoa”. Silva, who used to train at American Top Team with ‘Bigfoot’, addressed a possible fight with Bigfoot and seemed more than happy to make it happen, if the circumstances were right:

“I can’t say too much about Bigfoot, you know? We used to train together, I know him, you know, I think he’s a hater. He’s jealous because I just beat his friend. If he wants to fight me, its ok, come to 205. Or much better; I’ll give you an idea; we can do like a catch weight, you know, like 220 pounds, 230, I don’t know, if he drops. I’ll do it, no problem. I want to fight. I fight for money, you know, and I like to beat stupid people like him. So if he wants to fight me we can do a catch weight at 220 pounds and I’ll be ready to beat him. Bet on that.”
    Silva, with his KO of Rafael Cavalcante, places himself in a very nice position in the UFC light heavyweight division. Although a catch-weight fight seems interesting, it may be better fr Silva to focus on toppling the competition in his own division. With that being said, what’s more exciting than watching a scrap where there is bad blood involved? The fight seems intriguing and Silva said he’d be more than happy to oblige but he also explained that he doesn’t really understand why Antonio is trying to pick a fight with him. He went on to explain why he felt that Bigfoot was trying to start beef with him:

“To be honest, I have no idea. I think it’s because I left American Top Team. You know, but he knows why I left America Top Team. There’s no, nothing special. I left American Top Team because there’s no coach, you know, they don’t teach you nothing, they just give you water, you know? So, that’s why I left American Top Team. I don’t know, like I said, he’s a hater, he’s jealous, and he’s mad because I beat his friend. That’s what I think the reason is, you know? So, and then like I said, again, if he wants to fight me we can do a catch-weight, 225, I’ll be ready to beat the shit out of him, you know?”
    Thiago then continued by explaining to the boys at BJPenn.com Radio that picking a fight with him is not only unwarranted but it was also a mistake on Bigfoot’s part. He

“Ok, every sparring we did together, he never did nothing to me. So, I can say I used to beat him every day at the gym. And uh, yeah, I don’t know why he wants to fight me. He knows I’m better than him. He knows I used to beat the crap out of him, you know. So I don’t know. He’s mad and he’s jealous, like I said. So, he wants fight me I’ll be ready. I fight for money, you know? It would be awesome beating him again.”
    Pedro Carrasco then mentioned the fact that Bigfoot Silva called out Thiago for leaving American Top Team for Boca Raton, Florida to settle camp with the Blackzilians but as a matter of fact Bigfoot did the exact same thing but left Florida to head back to ATT when Overeem started training with the Blackzilians as well. On the hypocrisy in Bigfoot’s judgments toward him he said,

“Like I said, I don’t want to give credit to him, you know? But he’s a hater. Everywhere he goes, he see’s someone better than him, you know, he feels like he’s in danger and he doesn’t want to stay, you know? Blackzilians gave the opportunity to him to join the team, you know, they treated him like a brother, you know, and he just left because of Overeem.”
    He continued by stating, “He has no flag. He goes where people give something to him. If you don’t have nothing to offer, you know, he doesn’t go. He doesn’t respect nobody. He has no flag. So yeah, I don’t like the guy. Definitely I don’t like him and I don’t want to talk about him anymore.”
    Read more at EXCLUSIVE | Thiago Silva Willing to Move Up in Weight to Fight Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva | BJPenn.com Radio MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I'm really trying hard not to bash these guys but their banter REALLY makes you wonder if their combined IQ would even reach featherweight......
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

If I were Thiago, I'd stay put at LHW. Watching Bigfoot try to make the cut might be worth the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

4. Default

When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

^irvin looked sooooo bad.

Easily one of the worst weight cuts we've ever seen in the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

If Bigfoot somehow made it to 230, and I don't think he ever could, it'd still be an easy win. Being the much larger, heavier, longer fighter against a guy who's striking defense primarily consists of backing straight up with his forearms over his face is a sweet gig.

At this point, I just wish both guys could lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Come on guys. Can't you tell that Thiago is just messing with Bigfoot's head here? Thiago doesn't really think Bigfoot will make that catch-weight but if somehow he does, he's going to be so void of energy that Thiago will be able to easily beat the shit out of him anyway.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

I'd take Thiago to win this easily, one of those bombs would drop Bigfoot.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I don't know, you know, I don't know which side to, you know, be on.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information