+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hector Lombard, Patrick Cote pegged as coaches for TUF: Australia vs. Canada

Default Hector Lombard, Patrick Cote pegged as coaches for TUF: Australia vs. Canada

Hector Lombard, Patrick Cote pegged as coaches for TUF: Australia vs. Canada - Five Ounces of Pain | RM Sports

The UFC is poised to produce another international season of the Ultimate Fighter after successful past versions focused on fighters from Brazil, Australia, and the United Kingdom. This time around, Australia is back in the fold with Canada providing the opposing squad of scrappers. Though the weight-classes involved remain a mystery, the fighters leading each team have been leaked and should result in an intriguing affair assuming things play out as planned.

According to the MMA Sun, Patrick Cote and Hector Lombard have been targeted as head coaches. An official announcement is expected by week’s end. It also appears the UFC has Kyle Noke lined up just in case Lombard ultimately decides he cannot accept the role based on the expectation of moving down from 185 pounds to compete against Cote as a welterweight.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Does not seem like a good match up for Cote.

3. Default

Holy fuck this sounds horrible.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

4. Default

So, lowest TUF ratings yet?

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    So, lowest TUF ratings yet?
    International TUF don't get broadcasted here, only in their respective countries. We will get a marathon of reruns on Fuel TV or something afterwards.

Most likely the finale will be held in Australia as Lombard would be a better seller than Cote would be in Canada.

He's cuban
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Oh good god this is horrible. I never, ever thought I'd see the words Patrick Cote and TUF Coach in the same sentence. Fuck, I'd rather see Loiseau at this point in his career, as the Canadian coach than Cote. Mind-boggling.

Not sure why they have Cote in this spot rather than say, Rory MacDonald(post Ellenberger), who is the far superior fighter, as well as a rising star who could use the pub. This is so weird IMO, Cote isn't a UFC caliber fighter anymore, his only real win in the UFC for years has been against Voelker, who you could make the case as not really being UFC caliber either, he got merc'd and won the DQ schmoz over Sakara and now they're going to highlight Cote on a TUF program? I didn't even have him working for the UFC following his next fight, since I figured he'd lose and get cut, this just blows my mind. YEESH.

One major thing to look forward to with this show will be seeing the whack job Lombard interact with the reality TV format and more to the point, how they edit the show.

This is laughable stuff, they even have a contingency in case Lombard can't make weight, gawd this is bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    He's cuban
    Was just thinking the same thing.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

WTF

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information