Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rampage: Breaking point was White talking s--- about me not making weight

Default Rampage: Breaking point was White talking s--- about me not making weight

Rampage: Breaking point was White talking s--- about me not making weight - Mixed Martial Arts News

Quinton Rampage last week announced his move to Bellator Fighting Championship after he finished his contract with the UFC. Rampage was unhappy with his latest run in the UFC, but it was words of UFC President Dana White's words that were the last straw and made his decision easy:

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson made millions in his six-plus years in the UFC, but it appears his breaking point wasn't over money, but over Dana White being critical about him to reporters when he failed to make weight for his UFC 144 fight with Ryan Bader.

"He talked s*** about me not making weight," said Jackson on the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani on Monday. "That's when I decided I was going to leave the UFC."

Jackson had over the next year insisted that when his contract was up, after his next fight (which ended up on Jan 26 in Chicago, a loss to Glover Teixeira), he was gone. He said that he didn't even consider the offer UFC made to sign him to a new deal, even though at the time, he had no idea the Bellator/Spike/TNA offer was coming.

"I knew I wasn't happy with UFC," he said. "I haven't been happy for a long time. I did a lot of smart investments, saved my money up, worked on rehabbing my knees. I knew I was going to get out of there. I knew I was going to bounce."

Hmm..Probably the best move for Rampage's career honestly. He can't hang with the top-tier UFC guys and fights with guys like King Mo, Richard Hale, DJ Linderman, Attila Vegh, Vladdy Matyusehnko and so on are all fights he should win. He is rich enough and famous enough now to move on and be a poster-boy again.. Smart move IMO.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Wah. Don't call me a fatty. I'm sensitive about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    he totally doesn't look fat here...at ALL...

Guy is a scrub, now. Good riddance. I'm shocked Dana didn't get rid off this dead weight, pun intended, sooner.

Complains nonstop. "oh poor me, I have to fight 'wrestlers'"...then gets Glover and does fuck-all.

5. Default

What is he, 12?
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

I hope he gets dusted his first fight out
    I am the liquor

Rampage Jackson, the Chief Piggum of MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Well yea he was injured and still showed up to fight unlike most fighters these days that are quick to pull themselves from a card.

I'm happy for Page. Much like Gina his fame and popularity has opened up quite a few doors for him. I do however question how he plans on competing in TNA with those knees. I mean I can't even see him running against the ropes. Come to think of it I don't think I have ever seen him run.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

So Rampage has no qualms about mocking another person's appearance, yet the show is on the other foot he cries foul.

Thread Information