Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones targets October UFC return against Alexander Gustafsson

Default Jon Jones targets October UFC return against Alexander Gustafsson

Jon Jones targets October UFC return against Alexander Gustafsson - MMAmania.com

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight titleholder Jon Jones has apparently decided to not rush back to the Octagon, eyeing a return to mixed martial arts (MMA) competition this fall against Swedish sensation Alexander Gustafsson.

Jones and Gustafsson have crossed paths several times in recent weeks, sending messages to each other on Twitter and coming face-to-face in Russia for a staredown.

While the 205-pound match up has yet to be formally announced, Gustafsson told MMA Fighting last week that he expects a title shot to be offered "soon."

That offer has yet to come through, but according to a report by Ariel Helwani on Tuesday's (June 11, 2013) edition of FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight," Jones' injured toe is healing at a steady pace and he would like to put his belt on the line for a record-breaking sixth time against "The Mauler."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I like Goose but I don't see him making it out with the belt let alone making it to the 5th. Jones is just to damn good for anyone in the lhw division.

Well so much for Lyoto, I just do not see him getting a title shot again until either A: Jones leaves the division; B: he completely wrecks the next two or three fighters he faces or C: he moves to MW and that's if Anderson loses or decides to drop the belt...which basically means I do not see Lyoto getting a title shot again.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

i really would have liked to see goose vs machida. i still think goose needs another fight or so before facing the likes of bones

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Well so much for Lyoto, I just do not see him getting a title shot again until either A: Jones leaves the division; B: he completely wrecks the next two or three fighters he faces or C: he moves to MW and that's if Anderson loses or decides to drop the belt...which basically means I do not see Lyoto getting a title shot again.
    I wonder how many years Lyoto has left in him. It could be as short as two more before Silva retires or Jones moves to HW. Crazier things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I wonder how many years Lyoto has left in him. It could be as short as two more before Silva retires or Jones moves to HW. Crazier things have happened.
    Lyoto being as elusive fighter as he is and that he really hasn't taken a lot of damage in his career, he could very well be around for a while. And waiting the entire time for another title shot.

Of course he wants goose, that's probably the easiest match up available to him atm. He will just take him down and choke him after a few elbows. Goose has been protected since the davis loss. If you wanna make him a clear contender, make him fight machida or prove he's improved his tdd against rashad. Hell I'd still like to see the lil nog fight too.

Jones will destroy Gus and then talk about the reach thing.

He will take Gus down and gnp or submit him, IMO.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Give him The Goose....

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Of course he wants goose, that's probably the easiest match up available to him atm. He will just take him down and choke him after a few elbows. Goose has been protected since the davis loss. If you wanna make him a clear contender, make him fight machida or prove he's improved his tdd against rashad. Hell I'd still like to see the lil nog fight too.
    That's probably the easiest match for him right now? That's the only qualified match for him right now. Lmfao!
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information