Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jon Jones targets October UFC return against Alexander Gustafsson

I could see Alex giving Jones some problems...he has length, heart, good cardio, and is improving...the question is just how far he has really came.

But yeah Jones probably wins, unfortunately.

Cut the reach talk, Goose is 6'4 with a 75" reach.

Its hilarious he's at number 2 on the rankings when the only person he's beat is Shogun who is at 7. Qualified match? Yea right.

I think they dodged a bullet pulling outta the mousasi fight. Easy ass fight for Jones against a guy with no wrestling, it'll be like Goose vs Davis. Remember Jones doesn't want to fight machida again because he's "tricky".

Being 6 foot 4 with a 75 inch reach is a lot different than being 6'0 or 6'1 with the same reach.

Also, Shogun was ranked better when Goose beat him. Plus you have guys like Hendo and Rashad ahead of him who I think he would surely beat.

Jon Jones; 6'4 - 84.5 inch reach

Goose; 6'5 - 74 inch reach.

Sport Science: Jon Jones - ESPN Video - ESPN

^

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Being 6 foot 4 with a 75 inch reach is a lot different than being 6'0 or 6'1 with the same reach.

Also, Shogun was ranked better when Goose beat him. Plus you have guys like Hendo and Rashad ahead of him who I think he would surely beat.
    Yea, he looks like he has t-rex arms. He wouldn't beat Rashad, how many slow predictable overhands did he eat from shogun? Hendo only needs one.

Goose is overrated, machida, rashad, Hendo would beat him. Mousasi, Glover, and even Bader would give him problems and of course Davis would beat him AGAIN. Outta all those guys he beat possibly the most washed up fighter there and managed to get away from everyone else. How the fuck does that put you at number 2 in the division?

Shit Chael Sonnen would probably ground and pound him to a decision.

Jones should beat Alex. Jones is better everywhere. Yes, even striking. Jones can mix up his techniques a lot better which will disrupt Alex's timing which will (all of this in theory of course) make him unusually gun-shy. And of course Jones could take him down and submit him.

Jones should fight Hendo and Glover and maybe Machida again before moving up to HW.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

Thread Information