Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gilbert Melendez And Diego Sanchez Targeting Matchup in the Fall

It will make for a good show.

Sanchez is a dramatic fighter. Gil will take it to him but Sanchez will keep coming until you stop him, even if you're tearing his face to bloody shreds. I would have rather seen Gil fight someone that makes more sense ranking wise though. This is Gil's fight to win and he should look good in doing so.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

What a great match up. Two tough as nails fighters that love to push the pace. This will be an epic fight! Although I always enjoy watching Diego fight, I think Gil will be too much for him will dictate where the fight goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    This could be really fun, but jeez the matchup makes absolutely ZERO sense ranking-wise. I'd almost have preferred seeing Gil drop down to 145 over him just taking a fight against somebody so far removed from contendership.

I hope this means we're getting Josh Thomson/Jim Miller.
    I'd like to see a Thomson/Cerrone fight personally but either matchups are great.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

This to me seems like a huge mismatch. I'll be rooting for Diego but this is going to be a blowout for Gilbert.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Dumb match up is dumb. I'm not big on Melendez, but he's way far ahead of Deigo. Why keep rewarding Deigo? Guy hasn't done shit in years, just seems to get controversial wins (Gomi, Kampman). Guy hasn't had an exciting performance since like 2009

No sense ranking wise but it should be a fun fight. Would have made more sense to have scrap pack member Nate fight him, IMO. But oh well.

I love this matchup style-wise. It screams fireworks from bell to bell. I am still super pissed that Diego got awarded a decision victory over Gomi, when Gomi beat the face off Diego for ten minutes. I'll be rooting hard for Gil.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

Gil is gonna smash him BJ penn style.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Thread Information