Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Every fighter is picking Weidman over Silva

Default White: Every fighter is picking Weidman over Silva

White: Every fighter is picking Weidman over Silva

White: Every fighter is picking Weidman over Silva - Mixed Martial Arts News

At UFC 162 Anderson Silva will defend his middleweight title against perhaps his stiffest test to date in undefeated Chris Weidman. At a media scrum on Thursday, UFC President Dana White commented that most fighters he's talking to, including Georges St-Pierre are picking Weidman to dethrone the champion:

"All the pros, when you talk to all the fighters - every fighter out there that I've talked too that we've interviewed thinks Weidman is going to beat him [Silva]. Georges St. Pierre thinks he's going to win so much that he didn't even want to plan to fight Anderson."

r
    Ed Soares explains how Anderson Silva can lose to Chris Weidman at UFC 162
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/6/17/44...is-weidman-mma
    Ed Soares, manager to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva, among others, says "The Spider" is capable of losing just like any other mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter, despite dominating the 185-pound weight class over the last seven years with relative ease.

After all, no one is "invincible."

Before you start screaming betrayal on Ed's part, he says that can only happen if Silva doesn't go into a fight healthy, focused and with a good training camp behind him. If he crosses off those items on his "to do" list, then no fighter can come close to beating him.

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding, as Silva has run roughshod over the 185-pound division, leaving a trail of destruction behind him to the tune of 16 straight wins inside the Octagon, including 10 straight title defenses.

If that wasn't impressive on its own, he holds three wins over James Irvin, Stephan Bonnar and Forrest Griffin at light heavyweight.

But, an unfocused Silva is beatable, as Soares explained on "The MMA Hour:"

"Anybody can go out there and put on a fight. Chris Weidman is undefeated, he's a tough guy and a fight is a fight, anything can happen. I believe in Anderson Silva. Anderson Silva is the best fighter on the planet. I think Anderson Silva is a bad fight for any fighter in any weight class. I'm not saying Anderson Silva is invincible. Anderson Silva can be beat just like anyone else can get beat. But I think if Anderson Silva goes in there well trained and focused, I don't think there's a fighter on the planet that can beat him."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 06-18-2013 at 05:44 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Fight promoting at its finest.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Casual fan answers... Who is Chris Weidman? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Casual fan answers... Who is Chris Weidman? No way.
    EXACTLY!!!
    There's a couple people at my work that are pretty big fans of MMA & when I told them that Anderson was fighting Chris Weidman they all said "WHO?"

Now I know some people might think I'm nuts, but I don't think Weidman deserves a shot at all.
    Wins over Uriah Hall, Alessio Sakara, Tom Lawlor, Demian Maia, & Mark Munoz doesn't give you enough cred to fight Anderson Silva.
    ESPECIALLY since Weidman hasn't fought in a YEAR also.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Every fighter we paid to hype Weidman is picking him over Silva.
    The Jets have won more Superbowls than you have.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    EXACTLY!!!
    There's a couple people at my work that are pretty big fans of MMA & when I told them that Anderson was fighting Chris Weidman they all said "WHO?"

Now I know some people might think I'm nuts, but I don't think Weidman deserves a shot at all.
    Wins over Uriah Hall, Alessio Sakara, Tom Lawlor, Demian Maia, & Mark Munoz doesn't give you enough cred to fight Anderson Silva.
    ESPECIALLY since Weidman hasn't fought in a YEAR also.
    You're in the minority within collective of those who are studious fans.

Munoz was #2 regardless of what people say of his physical condition while Maia was ranked #6 at the time of his loss.

Belfort, in my opinion, is currently ranked #2 but at the time this fight should have been made (Silva's "show-saving" LHW fight) Chris was ranked #2. Belfort won't be getting a rematch soon because we all know how much Anderson Silva hates rematches. So, who is right behind Belfort in the rankings? Boetsch lost his chance at Silva against Philippou. Bisping was being groomed for a title shot against Belfort, we all know how that went.

If not Weidman, who else would Anderson Silva fight? Some top 15 LHW?

I think Weidman loses due to his lesser physical condition due to injury and relative inexperience.

I think Chris has a chance. I think if he does what Chael did the first fight for 5 rounds he has a chance. He has good jiu-jitsu skills and could keep Anderson on the ground for 5 rounds.

I am still picking Anderson to win.
    Last edited by Transworld; 06-20-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Dana probably asked Matt Serra, GSP, longo and Renzo Gracie
    HW: Kongo, Gonzaga, Yvel, Nogueira
    LHW: Jackson, Randleman, Vera, Lawal
    MW: Palhares, Meyhem, Grove, Hendo, Bisping
    WW:Koscheck, Diaz, Woodley, Semtex
    LW:Penn, Krazy Horse, Diaz, Cerrone, Pettis

Anderson silva will beat Weidman up and than Weidman will make an excuse saying how the long layoff and ring rust effected the outcome.

10. Default

Weidman beats Anderson....

and I am a Anderson fan, bad matchup for Anderson and a hail mary triangle wont save him this time.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Thread Information