Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: White: Every fighter is picking Weidman over Silva

shitty misleading title from that shitty misleading fighter's only website...but that's probably the best Anderson promo I've ever seen.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    shitty misleading title from that shitty misleading fighter's only website...but that's probably the best Anderson promo I've ever seen.

rh
    Oh come on. You like that one better than the BK promo?

Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

UFC 162 'Behind the Numbers:' Closer look at Anderson Silva's sensational career stat sheet - MMAmania.com

General Statistics

Currently ranked as the No. 1 middleweight in the world and No. 1 ranked pound-for-pound fighter in the world, according to the official UFC rankings.
    At 38, is the second oldest active fighter in the UFC middleweight division behind Cung Le (42).
    Tied with Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture for the second most wins in UFC history at 16. Matt Hughes and Georges St. Pierre hold the record with 18 wins.
    Holds the UFC record for most consecutive victories at 16.
    His 12 post-fight bonuses are tied with Joe Lauzon for the most ever. Silva's six "Knockout of the Night" awards are the most in UFC history.
    Has fought in the main event in 15 of his 16 UFC fights.
    His 12 victories in the middleweight division is tied with Yushin Okami for the most in UFC history.
    His 11 (technical) knockout wins are the most of any fighter in UFC history.
    His 17-fight MMA win-streak is third among active UFC fighters. Glover Teixeira is second with 19-straight wins while Khabib Nurmagomedov and interim bantamweight champion Renan Barao are tied for the longest MMA win-streak of any active UFC fighter with 20 wins in a row.

Championship Statistics

At 38, will become the second oldest fighter to compete in a UFC championship bout behind Randy Couture, who fought for UFC gold at 45 years old.
    Tied with Georges St. Pierre for the most wins in UFC championship fights at 11.
    Holds the UFC record for consecutive title defenses at 10.
    His 12th UFC title fight will tie him with Matt Hughes for third most ever. Georges St. Pierre is second with 13 while Randy Couture leads the category at 15.
    Silva's 2457-day title reign is the longest of any fighter in UFC history. Second is Tito Ortiz, who held the light heavyweight belt for 1260 days.

In-Fight Statistics

Holds the highest significant striking accuracy of any fighter in UFC history at 67.76%.
    Has the fourth highest takedown defense in UFC middleweight history at 83.7%.
    Of his 16 UFC victories, has defeated opponents by 12 different methods.
    Has scored the most knockdowns of any fighter in UFC history at 17.
    Has only fought past the second round four times in his UFC career. Only gone to a decision twice.
    Has never been defeated by (technical) knockout in his 37-fight career.

I remember when all the fighters were picking Horn to beat Liddell

Ronda Rousey is Pulling for Anderson Silva to Beat Chris Weidman at UFC 162
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/ronda-rouse...man-at-ufc-162

UFC 162's Chris Weidman as popular upset pick: 'Gives extra boost of confidence'
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...-of-confidence

Seagal: Anderson better on paper and real world
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...nd-real-world/
    Seagal: Where I come from we always say talk is cheap and the proof is in how it goes in the fight. If you all want my opinion, and I assume the reason why you called is because you want my opinion. My opinion is this young gentlemen, from what I've heard is a real nice young man. I can see he's very good on the ground. He's got grappling skills, great take downs, great guillotine, great arm triangle stuff like that, very good. That's kind of what I can say about him. I think he's very strong and good at all that stuff.

I think that he's an offensive fighter and I think that Anderson is a better defensive fighter, which automatically puts him at a little bit of a disadvantage in some ways. I think Andersoon won't go on his knees so a lot of that stuff won't be easy for him to get. And he's very dangerous on his back, which I don't think many people realize. People think 'Yeah I got on top of Anderson' and look what happens when they do.

All that said, I believe Anderson is a little bit faster, he has a lot more experience, I believe he has a lot better timing, I think that he's a better striker, and I think he's a better kicker. He has better kicks and better strikes.

So people can say what they want to say and in this world anything can happen, but I kind of feel on paper that Anderson has the advantage and in the real world he has the advantage.

Ariel Helwani: Do you feel as though this will be Anderson's toughest test in the UFC?

Seagal: Oh I don't know. He's hard some pretty damn tough tests. He's got five rounds to knock him out and that's why I'm hoping for is a knockout. I hope Anderson will knock him out and that's not offense to this young gentlemen. That's my guy and that's what I'm hoping for. Anderson has some tough times, like with Chael Sonnen and he was injured badly. That was a real tough time. I don't think it gets too much tougher than that. So no, I don't think Weidman will be tougher. He's a great fighter, very strong, great ground game, wonderful fighter, wonderful young man.

Ariel Helwani: Some people have called Chris Weidman the great white hope, great white hype if you will, have tried to will him to beat him, do you view it that way?

Seagal: To be honest with you, forgive me for saying this, but spending so much time in Detroit and Louisiana, we don't look at color, great white, great black, why do we have to talk about color? He's just a great young man, a great fighter with great potential, and we don't need to be hoping or praying for anything, let's hope the best man wins, that's the way I look at it.

Ariel Helwani: Do you feel as though Anderson is being disrespected? As someone who knows him, his body of work, does it bother you to see people pick against him so easily?

Seagal: I mean we are living in a very very strange pond to swim. It's a very strange pond to swim in. There's a lot of people who have no experience in the martial arts who are talking as if they've been doing it for fifty years and talking as if they are masters. There are a lot of people who make up shit and lie through their teeth. There's a lot of people who have huge egos and huge mouths who love to talk and say a lot of stuff. Then there are people who are highly accredited people who have been in the martial arts a long long time who certainly we want to hear from. They cast their opinions with respect, which I always try to do, and everybody wants to hear what they have to say. We're swimming in a pond with the good, the bad, and the ugly. What I try to do is tune into the good and stay around the good, and more and more as time goes on I hope the UFC gets more people that are polite and qualified to give their opinions.

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 07-02-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Really? I remember Chuck waxing dat ass...
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

9. Default

Horn beat Chuck at ufc 19, and lost at 54. Had to look that up.

Thread Information