Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: White: Every fighter is picking Weidman over Silva

Report that only 25% of tickets sold for UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman is disputed

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/2/...idman-mma-news

UFC 162: 'No bulls--t, Anderson Silva will get dumped on his head'

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/2/448...a-opponent-mma

Ray Longo: Anderson Silva hasn't faced opponents on Chris Weidman's level

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/2/...weidmans-level

Dominick Cruz expertly breaks down Anderson vs Weidman
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...son-vs-weidman

Here’s what Cruz thinks:

“Weidman can absolutely do it. But against Anderson Silva the pressure is on not to make a mistake while he uses his strikes to set up a takedown. That is the critical thing for Weidman. I’ve spent some time with Chris, he’s a smart dude, and he knows he’s not going to try to strike with Anderson.

“Striking wise, Weidman cannot compete against Anderson on any level. At all. The reason he was able to land that elbow against Mark Munoz was Munoz was trying to set up for a takedown just as much as Weidman was and, knowing that, Weidman was waiting for the overhand right and that allowed him to land that elbow. He cannot land anything like that against Anderson.

“Weidman has to have the exact same game plan as Chael Sonnen; everyone is saying that is the blueprint for him to win this fight. But here’s the problem: Anderson had two fights with Chael and has had over 30 minutes of Octagon time with that exact strategy.

“Anderson went through at least two camps expecting that to be his opponent’s strategy. Anderson’s takedown defense is light years away from where it was even two years ago. Remember, takedown defense is only one aspect of one discipline in MMA – and it is one of the easiest aspects to improve on.

“But Weidman can still get him down. Anderson takes anything from a minute to half a round to figure out his opponent’s distance and timing, and Chris has to make use of that to score a takedown. Once he has Anderson down, he can strike very well, and I expect him to pass and force Anderson into a scramble.

“Anderson usually waits in his guard for a chance to escape or counter, but Chris hits hard enough and is active enough to force Anderson to try to get back up fast. That’s where I see Weidman winning the fight, in the scramble as Anderson tries to get back up.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 07-03-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Wish I could have gone to see that event. My grandma is more important though.

Wow, Helwani really asked Seagal what he thinks about Weidman being called the "Great White Hope"? Then Seagal basically calls him a dumbass in a very nice way lol. That shit is hard to believe, I would never ask something so stupid.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

4. 07-03-2013, 04:33 PM

5. 07-03-2013, 04:47 PM

I have a baddddd feeling about this for Silva.

There has never been a UFC champ named Chris.....until now.
    Last edited by disposableassassin; 07-03-2013 at 11:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 07-04-2013 at 04:36 PM.

That’s why, on Monday, the company sent out a release. They had quotes from 16 of the company’s top fighters, and two other well-known former fighters, asking for their predictions for Saturday night’s showdown at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Not every fighter predicted Weidman would win, but roughly a dozen did. The rest hedged their bets somewhat. Not one predicted Silva would win. Still, the odds have grown over the past week to where Silva is now a strong 5-to-2 favorite as a consensus, and as much as 10-to-3 in some places. The story UFC has wanted top tell is that the insiders, the ones who know the best, believe the guy not only has a shot at beating Silva, but should actually be expected to do so. But the growing odds in favor of Silva indicate the public isn't buying it.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/4/...cal-on-weidman

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    That Anderson Silva. What a cocky jerk. /sarcasm

That cocky cock
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Thread Information