Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Every fighter is picking Weidman over Silva

Sadly I can't go to UFC 162 in Vegas. My grandma's 75th birthday. Curses!

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...your best post yet.

I honestly don't have an overt problem with you, but you were a posterboy for crap blanket statements on this one.

If calling you a name or two brings out your best work and brings the average post IQ of the board up, then call me an asshole, but do the work.

Isn't that what mods are supposed to do?

rh

Fair enough
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

In that case, Rivet needs to antagonize me a little bit more if that is his prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    In that case, Rivet needs to antagonize me a little bit more if that is his prerogative.
    Riv called you poopface in science class when Ms Thomson wasn't paying attention.

6. 06-25-2013, 04:04 PM

UFC 162: Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman Betting Odds | 5thRound.com

Here are the available wagering lines for UFC 162:

Favorites (-) Underdogs (+)

Dennis Siver +190
    Cub Swanson -240

Charles Oliveira +375
    Frank Edgar -550

Chris Weidman +210
    Anderson Silva -280

Are these Anderson's closest odds to date?

Weidman: I'm confident I can beat him
    Weidman: I'm confident I can beat him - Mixed Martial Arts News
    Heading into UFC 162, Chris Weidman will be a big under dog battling current champion, and undefeated in the UFC, Anderson Silva. Many a fighter has lost to Anderson Silva before stepping into the cage, however confidence is not a characterstic that Weidman is short on:

"I think what just got people going is my confidence," Weidman told Bleacher Report recently. "I'm not going to take that back, because I truly am confident. There should be no reason that I'm fighting if I wasn't confident. I have a lot of respect for Anderson Silva, but I'm confident I can beat him—and I think that's what gets people all up in arms, because they can't believe that I would have the disrespect to think that I could beat Anderson Silva. I earned this opportunity and I'm going to go in there and make the best of it."

"I think a lot of these guys show too much respect and fear and just kind of wanted to see how they would do against Anderson. This is everything for me. This is a life changer. This is life changing for my family and I'm not going in there to play games or to give him too much respect," Weidman revealed. "I'd be taking away from myself and my family. I'm not going to go in there and letting them down."

"It hasn't just been a year I've been mentally prepared for this fight. It's been since the day I decided to do MMA, I began to mentally prepare for this matchup," Weidman said. "Because Anderson Silva was the champion in my weight class, and when I got into this the only reason I was going to do it was to be champion, to be the best. From that day I've had to condition myself for fighting Anderson Silva and beating Anderson Silva."

Serra out as Weidman corner vs. Silva, replaced by dad
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...placed-by-dad/
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Im hoping that lack of respect Weidman has works against him. Maybe he will run in like Forest Griffin.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

With legacy secure, Anderson Silva says fighting is no longer about wins and losses - MMA Fighting

UFC's Dana White: I don't know why Anderson Silva likes to f--- with the media
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...with-the-media
    "I think everyone already knows that I didn't call Dana," Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) said. "I don't even have his phone number personally."

That's news to White, who today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Silva did call him following the April 27 event in Newark, N.J.

"I don't know why he loves to f--- with the media," said White. "Ask (Anthony) Pettis if he called me that night (after UFC 156). Jones said he didn't tell me he wanted to HURT Chael (Sonnen), but he did. I think the guys don't like that I tell the media everything. Roy Nelson and his wife don't like it either."

With headline-grabbing interviews and social media an ever-present part of the MMA news cycle, White often makes headlines when he pulls back the curtain to reveal behind-the-scenes interactions with fighters.

In Pettis' case, White made a fight on the spot when he announced a text message from the lightweight contender that requested a shot at featherweight champ Jose Aldo. (Pettis was later forced to withdraw from the fight, which was set for UFC 163, when he sustained a knee injury.)

The UFC president also sticks to his guns when fighters dispute his recollections. He pushed back when Jones denied telling him that he wanted to hurt Sonnen prior to UFC 159, and doesn't shy away from elaborating on his many issues with heavyweight Nelson, who frequently jabs at him in interviews.

White's claim about Silva's post-UFC 159 call seemed to strengthen the possibility of a superfight between two MMA juggernauts, though the middleweight champ stressed during the call that Chris Weidman remains his priority.

The undefeated Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) will attempt to scratch the big-bucks fight when he takes on Silva at UFC 162 on July 6 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. He is 2-to-1 underdog in most betting lines.

Jones, meanwhile, is the other half of the equation. The 25-year-old is expected to meet Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165 in September.

White often has likened Silva to a temperamental artist who likes to send mixed messages to the media, though he never wavers from his belief that the Brazilian fighter is the best of his time. The middleweight champ recently signed a 10-fight deal that could take him well into his 40s by its end.

Silva said it will come down to willpower whether he fulfills the long-term deal.

"Everything's a possibility," he said. "It's going to come down to my desire to keep fighting. I have a lot of other things I want to do. I have a lot of other desires, and one of those is fighting Roy Jones, but we're just going to have to see how things go in the next couple of fights and see how I feel."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 06-26-2013 at 01:50 AM.

So, all you successful gamblers, am I an idiot for thinking that parlaying Cub and Silva is a reasonably safe way to some nice money?

Thread Information