Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Every fighter is picking Weidman over Silva

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So, all you successful gamblers, am I an idiot for thinking that parlaying Cub and Silva is a reasonably safe way to some nice money?
    Personally, I'm gonna bet the 280 on Silva to win. Cub is doing well, but I don't know if I'd throw money on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Cub's looked like a different fighter as of late but Siver is certainly not going to just let him come in there and do whatever he wants.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Those are good points; and maybe the Cub line is off. I just see Siver (who I'm a big fan of) having trouble closing the distance in this fight.

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 06-28-2013 at 05:44 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

The majority of fighters will probably pick Hendricks over GSP as well, simply to pick against the grain. Anderson by whatever he wants, as per usual.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

I think Siver has a good shot at pulling this one off. He's got pretty good kicks and punches, good cardio, and he's pretty tough. He got KO'd by Melvin early in his UFC career and got finished by Cerrone but other than that...he has been put in some tough spots and survived...like vs Maynard where he got rocked or Wiman where he got a cut and still won the last round to win the decision. Now he's fighting guys more his size and he's looked really good for both his fights at 145.

Cub has looked good but Porier was able to connect with some pretty good shots and I think Siver's stand up is a little better than Dustin's at this point...Siver still seems a bit short even with the move down and you worry about him getting hit with the big right hand but he has a chance to impose his game with his kicks and punch/kick combos...

I definitely like Anderson's odds as well, though. I'm not sure how Weidman can do in a tough fight where he gets hit...and I highly doubt Anderson gets subbed or tko'd early in the fight. Anderson is just Anderson.
    Last edited by dbader08; 06-28-2013 at 02:17 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So, all you successful gamblers, am I an idiot for thinking that parlaying Cub and Silva is a reasonably safe way to some nice money?
    I'd bet on Cub but I wouldn't be surprised if Siver won. However, if you're going to parlay anything for 162, you have to add Edgar in. He beats Da Bronx with an arm and a leg, IMO.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Phil Davis Picks Weidman To Beat Silva, Gustafsson To Beat Jones - FightLine.com
    Phil Davis Picks Weidman To Beat Silva, Gustafsson To Beat Jones

Thread Information