+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

Default The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

Just found out the UFC has been planning to hold Anderson Silva vs. Michael Bisping in Manchester, England for quite some time. The problem is Michael Bisping hasn't been able to string two consecutive wins since 2011. According to the UFC, Bisping getting two straight wins against a 'top ten middleweight' is the only way they can justify the bout. Although, with what we've seen in the UFC recently, any title bout has an equal potential of literally happening at any given time. Yesterday the UFC hinted they want to return to Manchester by the end of 2013. Barring Silva defeats Chris Weidman, don't be surprised if his next opponent is The Count.

Another pretty interesting note, apparently the UFC really went after Warner Bros. to get some of those advertising dollars inside the Octagon for UFC 161. Although the UFC's pursuit was pretty relentless, WB didn't budge in their stance. Bummer.

This isn't even a joke, but EA Sports UFC may have a mini-game for TRT usage inside (and out) of the Octagon in the game. If not for TRT, other avenues of the 'fight life' that most combat sports games have overlooked.

There have always been talks of ZUFFA purchasing Invicta FC since the inception of the all-female organization. A few people have told me it may happen soon, but egh -- still not convinced.

This is more conspiracy theory than actual rumors, but some people out there believe TJ Grant will unexpectedly get 'injured' just before his upcoming bout against Ben Henderson and Anthony Pettis will fill the spot.

Ken Shamrock and Wargod promotions plan to team up once again to promote another event. Apparently Ken Shamrock was inspired by Nick Diaz's 'War MMA' promotion.

Two Shamrock stories in one SMRM? Beyond bizarre. Over the years Frank Shamrock has been heavily investing in the mobile device industry and financially it appears Frank is on his way to being a smart phone/pad peripheral tycoon. Yeah, strange, we know.

Although we're already seeing it, if War Machine gets passed Blas Avena in this week's Bellator 96, expect the organization to heavily promote him and his 'idiosyncrasies.'

Rory MacDonald may have a line of custom-tailored suits and bow ties created and sold in Canada. Weird? Yes.

Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock, and Fedor will probably be in EA Sports UFC
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 06-18-2013 at 12:42 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Just found out the UFC has been planning to hold Anderson Silva vs. Michael Bisping in Manchester, England for quite some time. The problem is Michael Bisping hasn't been able to string two consecutive wins since 2011. According to the UFC, Bisping getting two straight wins against a 'top ten middleweight' is the only way they can justify the bout. Although, with what we've seen in the UFC recently, any title bout has an equal potential of literally happening at any given time. Yesterday the UFC hinted they want to return to Manchester by the end of 2013. Barring Silva defeats Chris Weidman, don't be surprised if his next opponent is The Count.
    Legalize eye pokes and maybe he can string together a good win streak. Maybe even beat Silva.

There have always been talks of ZUFFA purchasing Invicta FC since the inception of the all-female organization. A few people have told me it may happen soon, but egh -- still not convinced.
    I've said it since Dana announced the women's division. It's only a matter of time.

Although we're already seeing it, if War Machine gets passed Blas Avena in this week's Bellator 96, expect the organization to heavily promote him and his 'idiosyncrasies.'
    Sure, why not? I mean they already have a white supremacist tournament champion, so why not continue a pattern of promoting shady characters?

Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock, and Fedor will probably be in EA Sports UFC
    I'm sure EA probably holds the licensing to their likenesses and all but I still find it weird that the UFC would even want them in their game.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Fe, who is the white supremacist tourney champ? Was that big 205er that beat mpumbu in the non title fight?

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Fe, who is the white supremacist tourney champ? Was that big 205er that beat mpumbu in the non title fight?
    Actually I was referring to Doug Marshall.

The Iron Cross has more meaning than Neo-Nazism.

I remember that Triple H's symbol was always an Iron Cross. Don't know why he chose it. I think because of Motorhead and Metallica.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    The Iron Cross has more meaning than Neo-Nazism.

I remember that Triple H's symbol was always an Iron Cross. Don't know why he chose it. I think because of Motorhead and Metallica.
    I know what you're saying. I remember that too. To be clear, I was half joking. He's never come out openly as a white supremacist, and I don't know if he really is or not, but the tattoo combined with his shaved head and "activate the hate" slogan has led to some speculation about whether or not he does have some ties to Neo-Nazism. I remember reading articles leading up to the tournament finale about the headaches he was causing the Bellator marketing department.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information