Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dana White Feels No Vindication Following Jon Fitch’s Defeat

i'm sure deep in side he had a small smile going on

Ben Fowlkes @ MMA Junkie

“You’re telling me that Fitch, who’s already had a better career than 90 percent of active welterweights, and who’s been with the same organization for more than seven years, has priced himself out of a job with $66,000 in show money? Seriously? Take away taxes, training expenses, his management’s cut, and all the other miscellaneous stuff that eats into a fighter’s pay, and that’s not a ton of take-home cash for a night of professional cage fighting. If that’s too much for a guy like Fitch, most other fighters should go ahead and start working on that law school application right now because the future is grim.”

These guys seem share your opinion Sakara. Class acts.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 06-18-2013 at 02:00 AM.

3. Default

Well he just took a 50% pay cut. Hope he's happy.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Well he just took a 50% pay cut. Hope he's happy.
    im sure he misses the bonus money he used to get.
    You see apparently hostile work environments give out discretionary bonuses (300k) and gifts in honor of your newborn baby but fug'm for putting you in a a title fight and a video game. Whens that wsof game coming out maybe fitch will get some of the royalties to go with his whoping 30k salary. The way Fitch fought I mean lost to GSP was proof he wasnt worthy. Now the way he lost to Burkeman is proof the UFC wasnt crazy to let him go. Fitch was a niche fighter he handily wrestlefug'd top 20-11 welterweights he couldnt beat any top 10 guys except Thiago. Now he has lost his niche, he's on the decline.
    Last edited by mmawolverine; 06-18-2013 at 03:20 AM.

None of the fighters will get a penny from the video game, that was Fitch's issue. UFC felching every cent they can.

Maybe the fighter on the cover will get a crisp Andrew Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    None of the fighters will get a penny from the video game, that was Fitch's issue. UFC felching every cent they can.

Maybe the fighter on the cover will get a crisp Andrew Jackson.
    I know Im just being a Dbag it makes me feel vindicated. If they can keep Shields they could have kept Fitch though I can see Fitch was there longer and refused to change. They both need a major revamp or a soft exit. Still think Dana was in the right though.
    Last edited by mmawolverine; 06-18-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Thread Information