Woodley: '100%' believes he won - Mixed Martial Arts News

Although the bout between Jake Shields and Tyron Woodley at UFC 161 was rather uneventful, if it still the job of the judges to pick the correct winner. Most watching, including UFC President Dana White, thought that Woodley had done enough to win, but the judges saw it the other way for Jake Shields. Sherdog.com posted a video interview with Woodley and got his opinion on the fight:

“I said he wasn’t going to take me down and I meant that. He tried 18 times; he got zero takedowns. From a statistics standpoint I was pretty overwhelmed with the fact that I was 64% on punching, I kicked him and dropped him to the ground twice, and I spinning back fisted him and he got zero takedowns. For me, I would have liked to throw more punches.”

“Do I believe I won the fight? 100%, but as a person that’s been petitioning and hunting down a world title, that type of performance for myself, I have to be able to let it go no matter if it’s Jake Shields or who it is. I made him miss so many punches; I just want to watch the video again, he missed almost 80% of his punches.”