Thread: Jake Shields: “I would love to get in there with Rory MacDonald or Jake Ellenberger.”

Default Jake Shields: “I would love to get in there with Rory MacDonald or Jake Ellenberger.”

Jake Shields:

UFC welterweight Jake Shields picked up a win over the weekend at UFC 161 though not necessarily in the most aesthetically pleasing manner. The victory came as a result of Split Decision over Tyron Woodley in a bout many onlookers, including UFC President Dana White, felt Shields had lost. However, regardless of any controversy, Shields walked away with his hand raised even if he didn’t live up to others’ expectations (or his own for that matter).

“I really wanted to go out there and prove something. I really wanted to go out there and beat Tyron up,” said Shields in an interview with MMAFighting. “I was little bummed out I didn’t get the takedown. I worked on a really, really aggressive ground game for the fight. I was trying to change my ground style up to just finish, finish, but I just couldn’t get it there.”

With the successful showing behind him, Shields is looking ahead to future foes and already has a few ideas in mind.

“I think Tyron was ranked Top 10. Having beaten top guys like Martin Kampmann, Carlos Condit not so long ago…I would love to get in there with Rory MacDonald or Jake Ellenberger – any of the Top 5.”

Ellenberger, who knocked Shields out in 2011, is scheduled to meet MacDonald next month at UFC on FOX 8. Whether he or MacDonald emerge as Shields’ next opponent, the former Strikeforce champion’s statement clearly indicates his interest is in a run at 170 pounds rather than middleweight.

“I think this is my best weight. When I fought 185, guys are just so big,” Shields admitted.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Jake Shields:

UFC welterweight Jake Shields picked up a win over the weekend at UFC 161 though not necessarily in the most aesthetically pleasing manner. The victory came as a result of Split Decision over Tyron Woodley in a bout many onlookers, including UFC President Dana White, felt Shields had lost. However, regardless of any controversy, Shields walked away with his hand raised even if he didn’t live up to others’ expectations (or his own for that matter).

“I really wanted to go out there and prove something. I really wanted to go out there and beat Tyron up,” said Shields in an interview with MMAFighting. “I was little bummed out I didn’t get the takedown. I worked on a really, really aggressive ground game for the fight. I was trying to change my ground style up to just finish, finish, but I just couldn’t get it there.”

With the successful showing behind him, Shields is looking ahead to future foes and already has a few ideas in mind.

“I think Tyron was ranked Top 10. Having beaten top guys like Martin Kampmann, Carlos Condit not so long ago…I would love to get in there with Rory MacDonald or Jake Ellenberger – any of the Top 5.”

Ellenberger, who knocked Shields out in 2011, is scheduled to meet MacDonald next month at UFC on FOX 8. Whether he or MacDonald emerge as Shields’ next opponent, the former Strikeforce champion’s statement clearly indicates his interest is in a run at 170 pounds rather than middleweight.

“I think this is my best weight. When I fought 185, guys are just so big,” Shields admitted.
    Not so long ago... aka 7 years ago.

Definitely the most boring fighter to ever step into the octagon. Fitch was significantly more entertaining than Shields. Give him Marquardt.

Quote Originally Posted by d-low View Post
    Definitely the most boring fighter to ever step into the octagon.
    And that's why I was laughing when Dana seemed all pissed at the 161 Post Presser.
    He's like "that fight was so boring I almost went home."
    Well NO SHIT Dana, he's always been boring. You signed him and he was boring then and he's boring still.
    I can't wait for him to lose 2 in a row so they can send his ass out the door.
    His win over Dan Henderson irritates me SO MUCH!!!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

He gets destroyed by either.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Shields your not in StrikeForce or Elite X anymore.. That means the fighters are better in the UFC and you would be lucky to get a win over anyone in the top 7.. Shields striking is way below average.. If he cant take you down he probably isnt going to win. I dont count his win over Tryron cause IMO one win doesnt make him a top ten ww. Woodley could have won the fight if he just stand around and do nothing.. As a matter of fact I thought he won the fight anyway.

I would love to get in there with Rory MacDonald or Jake Ellenberger.”
    I would love it, too! I just don't see where he deserves one of these guys. Ellenberger has already finished him once and really, I see both guys dominating Shields. The athleticism and striking of both guys would be a huge factor in that.

Both guys destroy shields, who is easily the most boring fighter in the division.

Thread Information