Thread: Roy Nelson: If they want me, Im more than happy to be where Im wanted.

1. Default Roy Nelson: If they want me, Im more than happy to be where Im wanted.

Roy Nelson:

UFC heavyweight Roy Nelson was in the discussion for a future title-shot entering last nights showdown with Stipe Miocic at UFC 161. However, after being picked apart throughout the co-headlining clash en route to a decision loss his stock obviously took a hit. While most men in his position would be able to bounce back as though the stumble was little more than a speed bump, Nelsons status is unique in that the bout marked the final fight on his contact.

Nelson spoke to Fuel TV after the effort, saying he wasnt sure if hed be back in the Octagon for his next match-up or end up elsewhere.
    Thats really up to the UFC Lorenzo and Dana. I know Im in the business of fighting, so I fight. If they want me, Im more than happy to be where Im wanted, said Nelson when asked about his next move.
    The 19-8 Nelson has butted heads with UFC President Dana White a handful of times over the past year, possibly making his return to the organization more questionable than it might be in the case of a different competitor. Of course, with seventeen stoppages to his credit and past wins over opponents like Mirko Filipovic and Cheick Kongo, theres no doubt his services will be welcomed somewhere.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I see no reason to get rid of him because he lost. Hell JDS got picked apart by Cain and now look at him back in line for a title shot.

The only thing that will get Roy canned is his poor relationship with DW working against his favor.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Canned? No.

Continuance of "Ultimate Fighter" money? Likely.

“That’s really up to the UFC – Lorenzo and Dana. I know I’m in the business of fighting, so I fight. If they want me, I’m more than happy to be where I’m wanted,” said Nelson when asked about his next move. "

Not the same song he was singing before the fight seems to have a different tune now

hopefully this loss changes Roy for the better I'd like to see him contest the HW champ before walking to burger king.

Thread Information