Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White expects Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks to take place in October

Default Dana White expects Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks to take place in October

Dana White expects Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks to take place in October - Bloody Elbow

It looks like UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre will be making his next title defense in October against Johny Hendricks. So that means it's likely not going to happen in Canada. That comes straight from the mouth of Dana White (via twitter), who gave Joe Ferraro the news on UFC Central:
    UFC Central @UFCCentral

Dana White just told us that he expects @GeorgesStPierre to fight @JohnyHendricks in October

Currently the UFC has no official cards booked for October, but it had been expected by many that GSP/Hendricks would headline UFC 165, which takes place in Toronto on September 21st. With that out, and Dana White's recent comments about Lorenzo Fertitta wanting GSP to fight in Las Vegas, you'd have to guess that there will be a PPV (UFC 166 or UFC 167) held there in October and that's where the fight will land.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

So far off. 2 times a year. :/

UFC Tonight @UFCTonight
    Is GSP afraid to fight @JohnyHendricks? Hendricks tells @ArielHelwani, he thinks he is.
    I cant wait for GSP to waste this ditchpig. Honestly when i read that tweet this is what went through my mind;

(fast forward to 45 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    So far off. 2 times a year. :/
    Does anyone remember the last time he had more than 2 fights a year?

Serra (L)
    Kos (W)
    Hughes III (W)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Damn October. Looking forward to this one. I like both guys and think it will be competitive. Hendricks has that one hitter quitter and gsp is gsp. Will be a good contest and a well deserved title shot for Hendricks.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Damn October. Looking forward to this one. I like both guys and think it will be competitive. Hendricks has that one hitter quitter and gsp is gsp. Will be a good contest and a well deserved title shot for Hendricks.
    Same here, Miz. Hendricks' wrestling style is much less explosive but very effective. I'm looking forward to seeing if he's buttoned up his defensive wrestling and how GSP's threatening takedowns affect how Hendricks puts together his offense. Classic GSP v. wrestler questions, but it feels like this one could be different.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I cant wait for GSP to waste this ditchpig. Honestly when i read that tweet this is what went through my mind;
    Dude, you get really worked up over these things...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Same here, Miz. Hendricks' wrestling style is much less explosive but very effective. I'm looking forward to seeing if he's buttoned up his defensive wrestling and how GSP's threatening takedowns affect how Hendricks puts together his offense. Classic GSP v. wrestler questions, but it feels like this one could be different.

Dude, you get really worked up over these things...
    He gets worked up over a lot of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

GSP hasn't fought outside of Canada since the Dan Hardy fight March 2010. Just thought that was interesting.
    Legalize MMA in New York

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Hendricks a ditch pig? Guy just ran through 5 serious WW fighters.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information