+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Dana White expects Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks to take place in October

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,403

    Default Dana White expects Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks to take place in October

    Dana White expects Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks to take place in October - Bloody Elbow

    It looks like UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre will be making his next title defense in October against Johny Hendricks. So that means it's likely not going to happen in Canada. That comes straight from the mouth of Dana White (via twitter), who gave Joe Ferraro the news on UFC Central:
    UFC Central @UFCCentral

    Dana White just told us that he expects @GeorgesStPierre to fight @JohnyHendricks in October


    Currently the UFC has no official cards booked for October, but it had been expected by many that GSP/Hendricks would headline UFC 165, which takes place in Toronto on September 21st. With that out, and Dana White's recent comments about Lorenzo Fertitta wanting GSP to fight in Las Vegas, you'd have to guess that there will be a PPV (UFC 166 or UFC 167) held there in October and that's where the fight will land.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,138

    Default

    So far off. 2 times a year. :/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    UFC Tonight @UFCTonight
    Is GSP afraid to fight @JohnyHendricks? Hendricks tells @ArielHelwani, he thinks he is.
    I cant wait for GSP to waste this ditchpig. Honestly when i read that tweet this is what went through my mind;

    (fast forward to 45 seconds)


    WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Zhuji, China
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    So far off. 2 times a year. :/
    Does anyone remember the last time he had more than 2 fights a year?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,685

    Default

    2007

    Serra (L)
    Kos (W)
    Hughes III (W)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  6. #6

    Default

    Damn October. Looking forward to this one. I like both guys and think it will be competitive. Hendricks has that one hitter quitter and gsp is gsp. Will be a good contest and a well deserved title shot for Hendricks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Damn October. Looking forward to this one. I like both guys and think it will be competitive. Hendricks has that one hitter quitter and gsp is gsp. Will be a good contest and a well deserved title shot for Hendricks.
    Same here, Miz. Hendricks' wrestling style is much less explosive but very effective. I'm looking forward to seeing if he's buttoned up his defensive wrestling and how GSP's threatening takedowns affect how Hendricks puts together his offense. Classic GSP v. wrestler questions, but it feels like this one could be different.

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I cant wait for GSP to waste this ditchpig. Honestly when i read that tweet this is what went through my mind;
    Dude, you get really worked up over these things...
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Same here, Miz. Hendricks' wrestling style is much less explosive but very effective. I'm looking forward to seeing if he's buttoned up his defensive wrestling and how GSP's threatening takedowns affect how Hendricks puts together his offense. Classic GSP v. wrestler questions, but it feels like this one could be different.



    Dude, you get really worked up over these things...
    He gets worked up over a lot of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  9. #9

    Default

    GSP hasn't fought outside of Canada since the Dan Hardy fight March 2010. Just thought that was interesting.
    Legalize MMA in New York


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I cant wait for GSP to waste this ditchpig. Honestly when i read that tweet this is what went through my mind;
    Hendricks a ditch pig? Guy just ran through 5 serious WW fighters.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •