Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Pettis Wants to Replace TJ Grant Against Benson Henderson at UFC 164

1. Default Anthony Pettis Wants to Replace TJ Grant Against Benson Henderson at UFC 164

Anthony Pettis Wants to Replace TJ Grant Against Benson Henderson at UFC 164 | MMAWeekly.com

Anthony Pettis was scheduled to drop down to the featherweight division to face champion Jose Aldo on Aug. 3 at UFC 163 in Rio de Janeiro, but was forced out of the title bout with a knee injury.

Before making the decision to change weight classes for a shot at Aldo, Pettis was in line to fight for the UFC lightweight title in a rematch with titleholder Benson Henderson. Pettis defeated Henderson by unanimous decision in December 2010 in the WEC prior to the organization being folded over into the UFC.

Henderson is scheduled to face TJ Grant on Aug. 31 at UFC 164 in Milwaukee.

Pettis, a Milwaukee native, now believes that he can be ready to fight by Aug. 31 and wants to replace Grant against Henderson to fight for the title in his hometown.

The 26-year-old released a statement to Fuel TV’s UFC Post-Fight Show.

“I can be 100-percent ready to fight Benson Henderson in Milwaukee. With all due respect to TJ Grant, Milwaukee is my town and the fight with Ben is the fight everyone has wanted for years,” read the statement. “If it works out, great; if not, I will get my shot very soon. But I think we all know which fight the fans want to see and the entire city of Milwaukee!”
    Who the fuck does this guy think he is?
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

I now want Pettis to get the fuck beat out of him in his next fight. 1st for even getting the jump on any of the 145s and thankfully he got what was deserved. But if he gets the shot over T.J.. holy fucking shit...
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

3. Default

Really starting to dislike Pettis. If he wants to fight in Milwaukee he can get his own fight, and stop trying to steal Grants. If he really wants to snag someone else's fight, he can fight Gil instead of Diego.

What the fuck is up with that? Did he fake his injury or something? The aldo fight is only a couple weeks before.

Refuckingdiculous. They better not take the fight from grant. Give him a fight on the card. Just not that fight. Isn't the Aldo card just a couple of weeks ahead. This is so rediculous it is redonkulous.

6. Default

Yes he has wild & high wants, but look at what Sonnen got for his talk. UFC makes the rules and people want to win the game so we should expect more of this. I'm against it all as title fights are earned not this BS.

Ok so whats the problem? Pettis WAS the original #1 contender. He chose not to wait and challenge the featherweight champ, which would have been a sick fight. Now he gets hurt and sees an opportunity to fight Henderson in August. I have no problem with him asking, if you want something in the UFC you should ask. I think he did it in a respectful manner, and at the end of the day internet fans are not going to feed your family, so you might as well call your shots when you get the opportunity to do so. Anyone who knows how Dana White and the UFC brass works should not blame Pettis for asking. I personally would rather see Henderson vs. Pettis rather than Henderson vs. Grant. I really can't believe the Pettis hate right now, the guy did NOTHING wrong.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Hate? No hate. Just think its rediculous to pull out of a fight because of an injury only to ask for a fight that is already booked that happens two - three weeks later. Plus I think grant is more deserving. Did you see that guy wax grey maynard? I know show time beat cerrone but I think grants body of work of recent is better.

Part of me wants to look up how the people who called Weidman "entitled" are reacting to this...

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Hate? No hate. Just think its rediculous to pull out of a fight because of an injury only to ask for a fight that is already booked that happens two - three weeks later. Plus I think grant is more deserving. Did you see that guy wax grey maynard? I know show time beat cerrone but I think grants body of work of recent is better.
    Miz, you summed it up perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

And he has now entered the realm of "Douchbag".
    enjoy your stay you arroogant fuck!

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Thread Information