Thread: UFC veteran Mike Swick making the move back to middleweight

Default UFC veteran Mike Swick making the move back to middleweight

UFC veteran Mike Swick making the move back to middleweight - Bloody Elbow

n 2008 Mike Swick dropped to welterweight, he was having trouble keeping his weight up, and despite a largely successful middleweight campaign (going 5-1) in the UFC he felt that his future was best served at a lighter weight class. Unfortunately, and unbeknownst to him, he was struggling with a medical condition, an esophageal spasm, that was at the source of his weight problems.

A once promising career was trending toward diminishing returns with back to back losses to Dan Hardy and Paulo Thiago and the burden of being unable to maintain a proper diet was wearing on his body. Eventually this would culminate in a 1 1/2 year absence from the sport. That time off allowed him to deal with his medical issues thoroughly, and he returned to UFC on Fox: Shogun vs. Vera an apparently rejuvenated fighter.

However, the renaissance was short lived, and following a disappointing knockout loss to Matt Brown in December Swick has decided to return to the division that gave him his initial fighting success. He made the official announcement via twitter last week.

Chris @ChrisWhite209

@officialswick Making that UFC return?

Mike Quick Swick ✔ @officialswick

I wanna come back at a big and healthy 185. No more sickly 170 for me! @ChrisWhite209 Making that UFC return?
    12:30 PM - 14 Jun 2013
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Good for him, I remember the old Mike quick Swick, that guy was fun to watch. Hopefully they don't match him up against Okami his first fight back. Those were the good old days debating whether Swick or The Crow would be the one to dethrone Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    Good for him, I remember the old Mike quick Swick, that guy was fun to watch. Hopefully they don't match him up against Okami his first fight back. Those were the good old days debating whether Swick or The Crow would be the one to dethrone Franklin.
    Lol that would be hilarious if they matched him up with okami again and then he remembered why he dropped down to ww after that first fight.

I am rooting for swick though. I was a big fan when he first made his ufc run, but it's been so long since then and he lost a lot of momentum. The ufc's divisions look a lot different nowadays.

The thought of a fight between him and Cung Le gives me a half chub but I could see them giving him a lower profile fight for his first one back up to MW. Maybe someone like Watson or Nedkov?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Buddy Roberts?

Good for Swick. Hope he comes back and finds some success. He did look pretty sickly at 170.

Swick's problem at this point is that the whole top ten at mw either has or could be successful at lhw.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

8. Default

Yawn.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Swick vs Leben, that shit has been brewing for a rematch since TUF 1 days.

If, Leben gets past Craig at 162 that is...
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information