Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Evans: I heard Glover Teixeira wanted the winner.

1. Default Rashad Evans: I heard Glover Teixeira wanted the winner.

Rashad Evans:

UFC light heavyweight Rashad Evans hasnt even seen 24 hours pass since his narrow outpointing of Dan Henderson at UFC 161 and it appears the former champion already has his next opponent lined up. Though far from official, Evans is already looking a bout with streaking contender Glover Teixeira (21-2).

Evans pointed to the possibility of taking on Teixeira in an interview with Fuel TV moments after beating Henderson, stating, I heard Glover Teixeira wanted the winner. Im not turning anyone down.
    In terms of his tilt with Henderson, Evans was clearly pleased to have put an end to his two-fight skid but not necessarily thrilled with his showing in the scrap.

Ive learned in this game, be happy with the win because they dont always come. But the critic in me says I didnt do everything I wanted to, admitted Evans. I did need to get that win, desperately, (but) I wanted to perform well. I wanted to execute.
    Sugar Shad improved his record to 18-3-1 with last nights win, adding Henderson to a list of fallen foes including the likes of Tito Ortiz, Forrest Griffin, Phil Davis, and Quinton Jackson.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Glover subs him.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I like the fight and think the odds are pretty even in my eyes.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

This fight makes sense. A win for Glover would put him in line for the next crack at Jones. Should be a real test for Rashad too--I like Teixeira.

Rashad by UD if he fights Glover... Glover is slightly overrated in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    Rashad by UD if he fights Glover... Glover is slightly overrated in my eyes
    i think i gotta agree with this. glover just hasn't impressed me all that much. i mean he's talented and all, but... if he beats rashad convincingly then i might be more inclined to give him more credit.

he just needs to beat more top lhws to get a title shot... the ufc is hurting on contenders though. lol.

Sign me up as wanting to see this, should be a good one.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

A new Rashad KO face would be fantastic.

Yeah Rashad was lucky Henderson is slowing down. Glover on the the other hand is very hungry and he's got that eye of the tiger that Rashad is still searching to reclaim.

10. Default

Glover may win but do you really think he could sub Sugar. I don't think so.

Thread Information