Thread: Ricardo Lamas pulled from UFC 162, Mark Munoz vs. Tim Boetsch promoted to main card

1. Default Ricardo Lamas pulled from UFC 162, Mark Munoz vs. Tim Boetsch promoted to main card

Ricardo Lamas pulled from UFC 162, Mark Munoz vs. Tim Boetsch promoted to PPV main card - Bloody Elbow

As exciting as the new matchup of Jose Aldo vs. Chan Sung Jung is, it did leave Ricardo Lamas without his originally scheduled opponent at UFC 162. While Frankie Edgar, Charles Oliveira, Cub Swanson, and Dennis Siver were also competing on the card, none of those fighters will be slotted in to replace Korean Zombie. Instead, Lamas will not be fighting at UFC 162 (but will be paid his show money) per Ariel Helwani:

Ariel Helwani ✔ @arielhelwani
    Report on @ufctonight: Lamas is officially off UFC 162, per UFC. He'll be paid his show money and is hoping to fight the winner of TKZ/Aldo.
    It's an unfortunate situation for Lamas, who earlier this year recorded an impressive TKO win over Erik Koch at UFC on Fox 6. He's undefeated at featherweight (4-0) and one of those wins came against Cub Swanson in 2011, so you would think he has one of the better cases for a direct title shot against the Aldo/Korean Zombie winner.

With Lamas off the main card, a preliminary card fight between Mark Munoz and Tim Boetsch has been promoted to the PPV broadcast.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Glad to see Tim/Munoz moved to main card, I want to see that fight no doubt. I expect Munoz to come out like an animal.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Munoz vs Boetch should have always been on the main card.

I do get the top slot on the prelims on FX/Fuel/Fox is a pretty big slot with lots of exposure but I think this fight has main card written all over it.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

4. Default

You need a new avatar Cat. Gotta support your boy coming up!

if Pettis wants to be on the Milwaukee card so bad put him in there with Lamas then....

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    You need a new avatar Cat. Gotta support your boy coming up!
    There ya go.

A little nervous for Leben, not gonna lie. Make or break time for Chris who has probably used up 8 of his 9 lives in the UFC.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 06-19-2013 at 04:53 PM.

7. Default

So then the question becomes, does Chris Leben, the UFC's Chris Leben, get cut following a loss?

When he fights Craig, it will of been 2 years since his last win. If he loses, he will fall to 0-3 in his last 3 fights, while coming off his second suspension.

Very interesting.

So then the question becomes, does Chris Leben, the UFC's Chris Leben, get cut following a loss?

When he fights Craig, it will of been 2 years since his last win. If he loses, he will fall to 0-3 in his last 3 fights, while coming off his second suspension.

Very interesting.
    If he does get cut I'd be curious if he'd retire or join another organization. My guess is that he wouldn't hang it up quite yet.

Very interesting.
    I would say the chances are 50 /50.

If he drops this one to Craig, he is either cut or on the chopping block. If it was not for his utter destruction of Wanderlei he might already have been...

10. Default

I would give the Wandi fight the credit instead people want to watch his fights someone is going to be lying on the canvas. When his opponents wouldn't fall down he did.lol.

Thread Information