Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Krause 'sweating' pending 100k in bonuses

Default James Krause 'sweating' pending 100k in bonuses

James Krause 'sweating' pending 100k in bonuses - Mixed Martial Arts News

Last Saturday night at UFC 161 in his promotion debut, James Krause beat Sam Stout via Guillotine, earning FIght of the Night and Submission of the Night performance bonuses, totalling $100,000. However, bonuses are not disbursed until after drug tests are returned. And although Krause has never taken an iillegal drug, he is sweating bullets.

"Yes, I am sweating it, but no, I've never done an illegal drug in my entire life," he told MMAjunkie.com Radio. "But I'm sweating it. To me, that's a life-changing amount of money. I'm worried about the damn multivitamin I took on Friday or Monday or whatever. I'm worried about the protein bar that I had. It's just such a life-changing amount for me that I'm worried about the gallon of water and if it had something in it."

"You just get paranoid. But I should have absolutely nothing to worry about."

"I want to be smart about this and set myself up for success later on. It may not be that long. I may go on to be a lightweight champion one day, or I may go 0-2 in my next two and get booted."

"I so felt like I belonged there, the entire time. I felt like that was where I had been. That felt like my 16th fight in the UFC, not his. ... I made a decision at one point in that day that I just wasn't going to go home that day a loser. It was my night, and I was on."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Sounds like he has something to hide.

I get it. I've been drug tested and not taken anything and there was still a little place in the back of my head thinking "oh fuck what if I fail?" I can only imagine that that feeling would be amplified if there were 100k on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I am not surprised at all that he's worried. It's not like he has a world-class nutritionist monitoring his food. With all those supplements that you take, which do not need FDA approval, it can easily be sprinkled with something. I think too many people assume that things are clean when they in fact are not.

5. 06-19-2013, 04:35 AM

6. Default

Good point Doc. I've heard were some over the counter supplement's have caused positive tests before.

Sounds like a good guy had a great fight wish him well.

the title of the article made it seem like he was basically admitting he took something. Glad that isnt the case, and i have to agree with what the Doc says on this one.

its kind of like having sex with no condom.. even though you didn't finish inside her doesn't mean crazier shit hasn't happened where a girl got pregnant...

10. Default

Good point Doc. I've heard were some over the counter supplement's have caused positive tests before.
    Agreed

The Army is checking all supplements and banning some of them for soldiers.

I have been test mnthly on a random basis for about the last 15 years. I have never done a illegal drug in my life and you still hate waiting on the results. I get what he is saying
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by singinkangaroooo View Post
    its kind of like having sex with no condom.. even though you didn't finish inside her doesn't mean crazier shit hasn't happened where a girl got pregnant...
    Or an STD test, even though you know your clean, you sweat till you get the results
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information