Thread: Lightweights Jamie Varner and Gleison Tibau Added to Growing UFC 164 Fight Card

Default Lightweights Jamie Varner and Gleison Tibau Added to Growing UFC 164 Fight Card

Lightweights Jamie Varner and Gleison Tibau Added to Growing UFC 164 Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

A lightweight match-up between former WEC titleholder Jamie Varner and Gleison Tibau has been added to the UFC 164 fight card in Milwaukee.

UFC officials announced the bout on Wednesday.

Cool, I like this fight. I think it's going to be a close one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Excellent!!! Goooo Tibau, guillotine!
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

4. Default

Varner is gonna walk right through that WW...I mean LW.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

A committed Varner takes it IMO, he just pushes a brutal pace and should outwork Tibau.

However, Tibau has a way of neutralizing guys, zapping them of their strength and speed and really drags them into a slower, clinch oriented fight and just weighs down on them. Sometimes, Varner throws careless interceptions and get trapped in submissions and if Tibau can slap something on, I think he could quite possibly get a sub, especially early on.

Varner should get the win, but there are alot of ways Tibau can either catch a guillotine or possibly get an SD based on size.

I'll be rooting for Varner, but Tibau has the potential to make this a close one.

Thread Information