Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Hungry' Carlos Condit says Martin Kampmann rematch is 'do or die'

I really like both guys. The sad thing for me is if Hitman gets finished early I'll be under the impression his chin is completely gone now.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Kampmann will use his wrestling, his wrestling is extremely underrated and wrestling is also Condit's weakness. I still think Carlos will come out on top maybe a late TKO.

3. Default

Something tells me the after party for these guys is going to be at the hospital.

i'm giving the edge to carlos here. I say he finishes this one in third round.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...-vs-kampmann-2

Carlos Condit and Martin Kampmann are only the second pair of fighters (Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva) in UFC history to face each other in two non-title UFC main-event bouts.

Condit has earned a post-fight bonus in five of his seven UFC bouts for a total of $340,000.

Condit's eight total finishes in UFC/WEC competition are tied for third most in welterweight history. He has defeated his opponent by knockout or submission in 26 of his 28 professional victories.

Condit has gone to a decision in his past three fights, the longest run of decisions in his 36-fight career.

Condit owns the second longest average fight time in UFC welterweight history at 14:40. Champion Georges St-Pierre is first at 15:10.

Condit's 886 total strikes landed are the eighth most in the UFC's 170-pound history.

Condit's 68 landed leg kicks against Nick Diaz at UFC 143 are the single-fight UFC record.

Condit is just one of 10 fighters in UFC history to earn a knockout victory stemming from a flying knee.

Kampmann will compete in his fifth career UFC main event. He is 3-1 in headlining bouts to date.

Kampmann's 74.5 percent takedown defense rate is the fourth best among active welterweights.

Kampmann's 17 submission attempts at welterweight are the fourth most in the division's history. His 21 overall submission attempts are the sixth most in UFC history. His 12 guillotine submission attempts are the fourth most ever, and his three guillotine submission wins are tied for second most in UFC history.

Kampmann's 2.29 submission attempts per 15 minutes of fighting is the sixth most in 170-pound history.

If Carlos wins, people will say he did well against GSP, had a VERY close loss to Hendricks, and he'll be right back in the title picture.
    If Carlos loses, all people will think about is that he has three straight loses, and won't really bother putting them into context.

So this is a pretty huge fight for Carlos.
    Same thing for Kampmann but on a lesser level. Plus he's been far more up and down in his career anyways.

I like the fact that he is going in with the "3 strikes" mentaility, but that being said,
    Carlos is a fighter that fights exciting and fights to finish so win, lose or draw he isnt going anywhere.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Thread Information