Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson v Chris W—my breakdon is back

1. Default Anderson v Chris W—my breakdon is back

Welcome back to my breakdown. I have not done one of these in a while and I know this one will be fun. So lets see what you guys think.

Cardio.
    This a tough one. I think both guys will be in shape and gas tanks on full. The question here is if Chris has ringrust or not. I expect both to be in great shape..

Advantage Draw

KO power
    We have seen Anderson destroy former champs on the feet and put guys to sleep his entire career. He clubs people. Chris has soild striking but I do not think he wants to stand with Anderson. On the other hand, Chris’ GnP is hard and lightyears ahead of what Chael did.

Advantage Standing Anderson on ground Chris through GnP

Speed and movement
    This really does not even need a explanation…Anderson has the best movement period..
    Advantage Anderson

Ground work
    Chris is a great wrestler with hard GnP and BB level BJJ under Serra and Renzo.His grappling as a whole is very soild. I know Anderson has a BB in BJJ also, but I do not see a triangle working on Chris. Stranger thing have happened though. I think Chris is the best grappler that Anderson has fought in about 4 or 5 years.

Advantage Chris

Striking
    Anderson is by far the best striker and one if not the best striker in MMA. Chis has good striking but not near Anderson’s.

Advantage Anderson

Unknowns
    IMO, there is no advantage for anyone in strength. We will however, see how Anderson can deal with Chris length and transitions. We will also see how much “ring rust” plays into this.

Keys to victory
    Anderson must keep this on the feet. His TDD needs to great and if he gets takendown he has to get back up. On the feet Anderson has a huge advantage
    For Chris it is the other way. He needs to get a TD and maintain top control while dropping GnP

IMO I have Chris winning by TKO deep in the third. The TD and Power GNP punch will land and close the night down in a flurry of punches.

What do you guys think? If I missed anything in the breakdown or you think I am wrong (which I know some of you do) tell me. Lets try to keep this topic respectful.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Welcome back to my breakdown. I have not done one of these in a while and I know this one will be fun. So lets see what you guys think.

Cardio.
    This a tough one. I think both guys will be in shape and gas tanks on full. The question here is if Chris has ringrust or not. I expect both to be in great shape..

Advantage Draw

KO power
    We have seen Anderson destroy former champs on the feet and put guys to sleep his entire career. He clubs people. Chris has soild striking but I do not think he wants to stand with Anderson. On the other hand, Chris’ GnP is hard and lightyears ahead of what Chael did.

Advantage Standing Anderson on ground Chris through GnP

Speed and movement
    This really does not even need a explanation…Anderson has the best movement period..
    Advantage Anderson

Ground work
    Chris is a great wrestler with hard GnP and BB level BJJ under Serra and Renzo.His grappling as a whole is very soild. I know Anderson has a BB in BJJ also, but I do not see a triangle working on Chris. Stranger thing have happened though. I think Chris is the best grappler that Anderson has fought in about 4 or 5 years.

Advantage Chris

Striking
    Anderson is by far the best striker and one if not the best striker in MMA. Chis has good striking but not near Anderson’s.

Advantage Anderson

Unknowns
    IMO, there is no advantage for anyone in strength. We will however, see how Anderson can deal with Chris length and transitions. We will also see how much “ring rust” plays into this.

Keys to victory
    Anderson must keep this on the feet. His TDD needs to great and if he gets takendown he has to get back up. On the feet Anderson has a huge advantage
    For Chris it is the other way. He needs to get a TD and maintain top control while dropping GnP

IMO I have Chris winning by TKO deep in the third. The TD and Power GNP punch will land and close the night down in a flurry of punches.

What do you guys think? If I missed anything in the breakdown or you think I am wrong (which I know some of you do) tell me. Lets try to keep this topic respectful.
    I question the GnP mostly because the fights I have seen with Silva ended pretty abruptly once the fight went to the ground and he gained top control. He trains to take GnP shots so I know his chin is good however Silva is getting old and every fighter's chin has an expiration date so anything is possible I suppose.

Now if Weidman for whatever reason chooses to trade with Silva I got Silva winning. However as Weidman said he intends on using a mixture of strikes and takedowns (ala GSP). Silva is not going to want to commit to strikes if he knows he will just end up on his back.

Overall I anticipate Silva will use the same tactic he did against Bonnar, Okami and Chael and try to lure them into engaging him while his back is against the cage so he can get back up if he gets taken down. If he uses that strategy he can win but if he engages Weidman in the center I think he will get taken down and a smotherfucked to a UD/lucky sub.

Whomever fuqs up first in this fight is probably losing.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 06-21-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

3. Default

These were fun at one time but after 500+ views and ONE response, I guess I wont do them anymore....
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

I enjoyed reading it but didn't have anything to add. Rd brought up chins. Have we ever seen weidmans chin tested? Anderson has a great chin. He also rolls so well with punches making the blow less effective.

5. Default

Just back and whining already .lol. On the ground Chris needs to be careful as Anderson can get a sub and has great elbows from his back in guard ask Lutter. I haven't seen enough of Chris to rightfully say much

Anderson has great striking no doubt but he better get them hands up. I don't care how good you are you still need to defend. Anybody can get caught. Chris is very confident and I get the feeling he won't go into the fight already mentally beaten like some of the other opponents like Forrest for instance.
    Legalize MMA in New York

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    I do agree that when Silva hurts someone standing, and decides to be aggressive he ends the fight with GnP. But it starts on the feet...all those ended on the feet before the final blow landed.

A good post though RD...
    In andersons fight with nate marquart he took him down and absolutely destroyed him with gnp. No stand up striking necessary. His accuracy with his gnp is as deadly as when he is standing imo.

I agree with everything youve said pretty much TBEAR, although AS has this uncanny ability to nullify his opponents game plan and make them play his, with the exception of the 1st Chael fight i suppose.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Thread Information