Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anderson v Chris Wmy breakdon is back

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I enjoyed reading it but didn't have anything to add. Rd brought up chins. Have we ever seen weidmans chin tested? Anderson has a great chin. He also rolls so well with punches making the blow less effective.
    You mean like this?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Weidman needs to take a page out of Sonnen's play book in that he needs to bring the action to Silva the second the fight starts. Weidman cannot let Anderson feel out his reach and get into his magical groove.

A lot of talk about Weidman's GnP which I agree is a big threat but Weidman also need to remember Anderson is no joke when it comes to BJJ.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Weidman needs to take a page out of Sonnen's play book in that he needs to bring the action to Silva the second the fight starts. Weidman cannot let Anderson feel out his reach and get into his magical groove.

A lot of talk about Weidman's GnP which I agree is a big threat but Weidman also need to remember Anderson is no joke when it comes to BJJ.
    No way man Silva is a fish out of the water on his back.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

That Youtube video is not him trying and just being unable to grapple. Maybe he's practicing rolling with punches, maybe he's goofing around, who knows? But he's very clearly intentionally leaving his hands away from the action.

Then he has the submission wins over Henderson, Sonnen, and Lutter. Not to mention his ability to frequently neutralize Sonnen on the ground; in contrast to, say, Sonnen's positioning over someone like Mardtquart.

Saying he's a fish out of water on his back makes no sense.

I think the unknown and often overlooked point in fights with Anderson and many other truly awesome strikers is the scramble following a missed takedown.

If Weidman misses on a takedown and gets side-stepped, he's DONE. He has to grab body and leg on every single attempt or there will be dire consequences.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I simply do not see Weidman finishing Anderson next weekend. I would like to think it is going to be a good fight but Weidman has been out of action for quite some time and to be blunt he hasn't beating someone of Andersons level of striking, say a Vitor or even Bisping (no Bisping is not on Anderson's level just saying decent level of striking. He beat Munoz who just has power but very poor technique when it comes to striking and Damien Maia who as we all know has sub par striking so this is why he was able to have his way with those two.
    Other than his two most significant wins who could we use a means test for how he deals with good strikers with decent takedown defense? I honestly think Weidman may get hurt here, for that matter I am biased so I hope Anderson mauls him, but we shall see next week.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

I want to throw caution to the wind and go to Vegas for the fight.... I have a feeling there will be a crazy result that I want to witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    I simply do not see Weidman finishing Anderson next weekend. I would like to think it is going to be a good fight but Weidman has been out of action for quite some time and to be blunt he hasn't beating someone of Andersons level of striking, say a Vitor or even Bisping (no Bisping is not on Anderson's level just saying decent level of striking. He beat Munoz who just has power but very poor technique when it comes to striking and Damien Maia who as we all know has sub par striking so this is why he was able to have his way with those two.
    Other than his two most significant wins who could we use a means test for how he deals with good strikers with decent takedown defense? I honestly think Weidman may get hurt here, for that matter I am biased so I hope Anderson mauls him, but we shall see next week.
    I can promise you that NO ONE on gods green earth will see Weidman Finish Anderson next weekend unless it is on a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    I can promise you that NO ONE on gods green earth will see Weidman Finish Anderson next weekend unless it is on a video game.
    Massive blackout at the arena????
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information