Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva kick KOs training partner, leaves gym upset

Default Anderson Silva kick KOs training partner, leaves gym upset

Anderson Silva kick KOs training partner, leaves gym upset - Mixed Martial Arts News

According to the Brazilian Portuguese language website Portal do Vale Tudo, Anderson Silva, who so often get a knockout without appearing to try, inadvertently knocked out a sparring partner with a kick.

Champion Anderson Silva are on fire in the final stretch of training for the long-awaited title defense against Chris Weidman,on the 6th of July in Las Vegas. Scheduled to travel to Los Angeles on Saturday June 22, Anderson was in his last week of training in Brazil, and is back to his old form. Just ask a teammates of the X-Gym, who helped to gove The Spider five rounds of sparring.

As usual, the champion moved a lot, let his guard down and allowed a few hits enter to simulate an unfavorable situation; he recovered in time to dominate the action and win the round.

Even though shin guards and head gear were required for sparring, Silva could not avoid an incident in the last round, when he landed a kick to the head of the partner who fell to the ground.

Concerned, Anderson immediately stopped training, knelt, and attended to the training partner. The fellow returned to consciousness on his own, but Anderson, visibly upset, stopped the workout immediately and went to the locker room.

"He hates it when these accidents happen with training partners," said coach Ramon Lemos. "So he left upset and even spoke with Minotauro Nogueira, who came here today to watch his training.".
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

This is news?
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

If you learn something I guess that makes it news.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    This is news?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Weidman can't get all the hype. Surely Anderson needs some...

Wait so he doesn't do this all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Weidman can't get all the hype. Surely Anderson needs some...
    I've heard of this Anderson Silva fellow a few times and that he's a fairly good fighter.

Sounds like nothing but hype, and even thats a stretch. Do we really need to know Anderson can KO a guy while wearing shin guards and his opponent wearing headgear?

I've almost KO'd a guy in the same situation but I don't consider it news. Shit happens, and when you're sparring just about everyday it's simply more likely to happen.

9. Default

Anyone else think Anderson looks fucking huge?

------------------

Jesus
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information