Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petruzelli & Sobral announce retirements

Default Petruzelli & Sobral announce retirements

Petruzelli announces retirement - Mixed Martial Arts News
    A UFC, EliteXC, and Bellator veteran, Seth Petruzelli today announced his retirement from mixed martial arts:

''I want to thank my family, friends, fiancé and fans for being by my side these past 13 years plus of my MMA career. Every time I fought it was to please and excite you but most of all make you proud of me. Up until a couple years ago it pleased and excited me as well. That is where I went wrong, for the past couple years I have been fighting for the wrong reasons, I don’t have the desire or drive to fight like I used to and the past couple fights have shown it. So at this point in my life I would like to officially announce my retirement from the sport of MMA.

Competing has been a part of my life since I was 6 years old, now I would like to put more of an effort into seeing my students/fighters do the same and making my gym grow and flourish. MMA has taken me around the world, let me meet the best and worst of people and made me feel like the brightest star but also like a black hole at times. ..and I have no regrets because I did it all my way.''

Renato "Babalu" Sobral retires after Bellator 96 loss, admits "my body cannot continue to do this anymore"
    Renato "Babalu" Sobral retires after Bellator 96 loss, admits "my body cannot continue to do this anymore"
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Petruzelli will forever be known as the guy who put the final nail in the coffin enclosing Elite XC.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Petruzelli will forever be known as the guy who put the final nail in the coffin enclosing Elite XC.
    YUP, that was incredible, even though I knew it was just a matter of time before Kimbo got crushed, I didn't expect him to do that.

I like both him and Babalu and think this is the right time for them to retire. You can only take so many beatings...
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Petruzelli has only been knocked out three times. I'm sure there have been people come back from worse. I won't be surprised if he doesn't stay retired.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Babalu. Legend.
    "I think everybody up here is grateful to be on FOX. They'd probably say, 'FOX, thanks.' Everybody but me. I would say, 'FOX, you're welcome. You've been telling everybody for years you've got the American Idol, and now you finally do.'" Chael Sonnen

Quote Originally Posted by rodneykm View Post
    Babalu. Legend.
    He had a good career but I certainly wouldn't go as far as to call him a legend... Maybe he could have been had he not pulled this shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    He had a good career but I certainly wouldn't go as far as to call him a legend... Maybe he could have been had he not pulled this shit...

People are never gonna let that shit rest.
    ...are they?

Babalu = Legend.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    People are never gonna let that shit rest.
    ...are they?

Babalu = Legend.
    Wasn't the guy disrespectful before the fight? Not saying that makes it right but if I called our blackbelt a "mf" then I just might get choked a little to long.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Wasn't the guy disrespectful before the fight? Not saying that makes it right but if I called our blackbelt a "mf" then I just might get choked a little to long.
    Yep. BUT you still cannot do that in a competition...that's why he was released after a win. May have been the first time, ever, in the UFC.

As far as Seth, anyone who has watched his fights can tell he's just not in there mentally when he fights so this is a good move on his part.

Could someone please enlighten me as to how the fuck we can consider Babalu a legend?

Thread Information