Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petruzelli & Sobral announce retirements

Didn't sobral shove the ref after his last fight?

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Could someone please enlighten me as to how the fuck we can consider Babalu a legend?
    The guy has been in the cage with a bunch of legendary fighters. But he got his ass kicked by most, if not all of them. I guess that makes him legendary in some people's eyes. I was a fan, but never thought of him as legendary. Good sportsmanship definitely wasn't his lasting legacy.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    The guy has been in the cage with a bunch of legendary fighters. But he got his ass kicked by most, if not all of them. I guess that makes him legendary in some people's eyes. I was a fan, but never thought of him as legendary. Good sportsmanship definitely wasn't his lasting legacy.
    Exactly. He fought legendary fighters. That does not make him legendary. I was a fan too but he fucked himself over with the Heath fight. Overall he had a solid career, but nowhere near legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I guess it might be easier to say he was a pioneer of the sport. I don't know about legend but I could see him in the hall of fame. Wins over rua, chael, sokuju, lawler and Maurice smith could put him there.

Thank you Petruzelli for ruining Kimbo Slice! That was one of the greatest moments in MMA history!!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Babalu:
    12 fight win streak when he started.
    Finally meets Dan Henderson and losses to a Decision.
    Then he goes 7-1 in his next 8 fights.
    Finally meets FEDOR and goes to a Decision(Loss).
    Then a Decision loss to Kevin Randleman.
    2000-beginning of 2002 he loses 3 times to (at that time)TOUGH competition, AND they were Decision losses. NOT Bad.
    He wins another fight THEN meets the almighty Chuck Liddell(at the end of 2002) and FINALLY loses a fight to a KO(headkick).
    After that he goes on a 10 Fight Win Streak. During that time he beat:
    Trevor Prangley, SHOGUN, and Jeremy Horn in THE SAME NIGHT.
    Then it's back to a fight with Chuck Liddell, where he gets TKO'ed.

After the 2nd lose to Chuck is when his record starts to get sloppy.
    He wins 7 more times. BUT
    He loses 5 more times all due to TKO or KO.

So although it's true he's lost to some of the greats/legends.
    He did have a 37-11 record which is WAY better than most fighters can say when they retire. And he was still able to beat some decent guys(the best of which were probably Chael and Shogun).

BABALU = LEGEND.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I think everybody has his own perception of what is a Legend, that is why some people consider Babalu a legend and other do not.

IMO he is far from being a legend. He was a very good fighter, and had some very good fights. But it takes more than just a decent record and wins over 2 important names to belong in the "legend" category.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information