Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill - Monday Afternoon Edition

Default The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill - Monday Afternoon Edition

The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill - Monday Afternoon Edition

Last week during the NBA Finals, Chael Sonnen made some disparaging marks regarding Miami Heat's Lebron James. That 'script' was almost written entirely by Bleacher Report writers.

Tyrone Spong had 'visa issues' that prevented him from competing in World Series of Fighting 3, but those same issues allowed him to fight at Glory NYC a week later -- for a $200k fight purse, far more than he would have made with WSOF. Those visa issues are rumored to be fabricated.

Jeff Curran withdrew from his fight against Sergio Pettis at RFA 8 after his dog was injured. Many people claim that Jeff used his dog as an excuse to 'duck' Sergio Pettis. Hard to believe quite frankly, but it's still a rumor nonetheless.

It appears that Mirko Cro Cop vs. Aleksander Emelianenko will go down later this year in a Russian promotion that is not M-1 Global

More than one source has told me Chris Weidman aggravated his shoulder injury in preparation for Anderson Silva at UFC 162. One source insisted that he will pull out of the event at some point this week, something that I find really hard to believe. Another source tells me if he does lose to Anderson, he will blame the loss on his shoulder.

Brazilian media credentials are liberally being handed out for UFC 162 and the 2013 UFC Fan Expo while credentialed MMA writers that would normally gain access to an event are being turned away.

Apparently Invicta FC's Shannon Knapp has turned down a rather small television deal for the promotion because it wasn't advantageous for Invicta FC.

Pretorian claims they do not owe the UFC money.

Bad news for BJJ fans, Metamoris' biggest investor has apparently backed out the promotion.

Pllllllllllease dont be true about Weidman's injuries.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I really hope the Weidman injury isn't true. I'm excited for this fight and it always sucks when the outcome of a big time fight gets surrounded by the topic of an injury.

Favorite Fighters

Chuck Liddell|BJ Penn|Lyoto Machida|Kid Yamamoto|Urijah Faber|Dan Henderson|Daniel Cormier|Anthony Pettis

In comes Chael Sonnen...

The Curran thing was pretty hard to believe when I heard it on the card. Pat Miletich was pretty incredulous to it too, but who knows.

I have ambivalence to the Weidman situation. It's an exciting matchup but I want fighters to have a non-title fight when returning from injury.

Another source tells me if he does lose to Anderson, he will blame the loss on his shoulder.

IF Weidman were to pull out of the fight, there are 6 other MWs on that card: Tim Kennedy, Roger Gracie, Mark Muñoz, Tim Boetsch, Chris Leban & Andrew Craig.....so unless Anderson wants to get cute, there's plenty of excellent substitutes.

That must be some dog Curran.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    IF Weidman were to pull out of the fight, there are 6 other MWs on that card: Tim Kennedy, Roger Gracie, Mark Muñoz, Tim Boetsch, Chris Leban & Andrew Craig.....so unless Anderson wants to get cute, there's plenty of excellent substitutes.
    so who do we think would step up? Kennedy and Gracie are the only the only ones coming off a win. Kennedy had 2 shots at the SF title and couldn't win it. I think its way to early for Roger to get a shot but maybe with the Gracie name and the fact he's been training with Weidman maybe he'd get the shot?

If true, Tim Kennedy please.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Ugh I sure hope not i was looking forward to them banging. and on an other topic I don't blame Tyrone Spong one bit for taking the fight with more money.. gotta make a living homie
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Thread Information