+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Name Your Price to Watch Nick Diazís War MMA 1

Default Name Your Price to Watch Nick Diazís War MMA 1

Name Your Price to Watch Nick Diaz's War MMA 1 | MMAWeekly.com

Diaz is taking a unique approach to online streaming of his inaugural event, allowing viewers to name their own priceÖ or even watch for free.

The WAR MMA website lists the free stream of the event as beginning at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT, but adds the option to donate. The viewer that donates the largest sum will win a pair of fight gloves signed by Nick and Nate Diaz.

WAR MMA 1 features Daniel Roberts vs. Justin Baesman in the nightís main event.

The event takes place at the Stockton Arena with doors open at 4 p.m. PT and the first fight going off at 5 p.m. PT.
    WAR MMA 1 fight card:

-Justin Baesman vs. Daniel Roberts
    -Caleb Mitchell vs. Evan Esguerra
    -Mike Persons vs. Clayton McKinney
    -Darin Cooley vs. Cody Gibson
    -Roy Boughton vs. Liron Wilson
    -Chris Quitiquit vs. Dominic Clark
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

thats an interesting way to do it thats forsure. I could see some rich guy putting a nice chunk of change down to get the signed gloves but me personally I wouldnt spend any money to watch those fighters unless i was actually buying a ticket to go see it live.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

This is what I envision:

Diaz will probably get pissed off when he finds out how much he made. I don't think many people will pay for this especially because it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think the payment option should come after you view the fights. Think of how many PPVs you've bought that were not worth the money... and how many cards you passed up on for not having big names that ended up having an awesome night of fights. I know if I sat through an event where I saw some really awesome fights I would throw down some money, especially if I knew the fighters would be compensated accordingly.

I like the idea though. Louis CK did something kind of similar with his last comedy special and it ended up being more successful than any of his other specials.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...e-of-my-family
    Royce on his favorite modern MMA fighters:

“I like Nick and Nate Diaz, Gilbert Melendez, that whole group. They remind me a lot of my family. They don’t take BS from anybody. They are there to fight, they are there to win. They don’t walk away from a fight.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Chris Quitiquit vs. Dominic Clark
    If Chris Quitiquit ever taps out, I bet he gets ridiculed forever.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I will pay Nick Diaz with a finely crafted blunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    I think the payment option should come after you view the fights. Think of how many PPVs you've bought that were not worth the money... and how many cards you passed up on for not having big names that ended up having an awesome night of fights. I know if I sat through an event where I saw some really awesome fights I would throw down some money, especially if I knew the fighters would be compensated accordingly.

I like the idea though. Louis CK did something kind of similar with his last comedy special and it ended up being more successful than any of his other specials.
    I'm glad that I'm not alone here. I think it's a great thing to try. Generally, it seems to have worked for people supporting causes and people who are big fans of a presenter (e.g. Louis CK). Seems like it'll be hardcores joining in and hopefully a few bucks here or there adds up to decent revenue and few people stealing the content. If that holds, it'll be a better avenue for them and for their advertisers.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    This is what I envision:
    You're my favorite
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information