+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones Wants to Make Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    If he does make movies, I will go out of my way to not watch them. If I'm at the movies with my friends and he shows up on screen I would seriously consider walking out and asking for my money back. He's a great fighter and as a fight fan I will watch him but as a person he seems like a special kind of douchebag and I will not support him.
    Wow. You must be a special kind of awesome person. I don't think I've ever seen someone hold themselves in such high regard over an athlete. How the hell do you find time between rescuing baby seals and feeding the homeless to watch mixed martial arts?
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    If jones wants to act, who the hell cares. The guy defends his title more than any active champ and probably still will while acting.

How does that have anything to do with the article?
    Wow. You must be a special kind of awesome person. I don't think I've ever seen someone hold themselves in such high regard over an athlete. How the hell do you find time between rescuing baby seals and feeding the homeless to watch mixed martial arts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Way to discuss a topic with stupid gifs.

Do you actually have an opinion? I would like to hear it.
    Last edited by RearNakedStroke; 06-23-2013 at 12:13 AM.

I have an opinion on the gif-- it is fucking awesome! Where do you guys get this fabulous stuff on the interwebz?

As for Jones and movies we will see. Has he acted in anything before? And the Harlem shake video doesn't count? If he can strike on his fame and make some money then good for him. As long as he doesn't lose the eye of the tiger then he will be fine.

Are you kidding? Do you not get sick of every famous person thinking they can act? I strongly dislike the guy and I don't want him to have my money. Do I think I'm better than him? No. I can't act either.

...And for the record, I'd club seals given the chance. Got to control the population.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

If jones wants to act, who the hell cares. The guy defends his title more than any active champ and probably still will while acting.
    People hate seeing others doing better and more successful things than they are so they criticize it and hate on them.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Has he acted in anything before?.
    Jon Jones - IMDb

Only thing he has 'acted' in, was Kenny Powers: The K-Swiss MFCEO (2011) - IMDb

Kenny Powers - The K-Swiss MFCEO (UNCENSORED) from KPowers, Funny Or Die, Michael Bay, Jillian Michaels, Matt Cassel, Patrick Willis, Rey Mysterio, Urijah Faber, Josh Cox, Titty Mug, Mark Cuban, Jon Jones, and Danny McBride

He had no speaking role...choked out a guy from behind....and didn't do a good job of it....he should have at least been flexing while he choked him out. (he is also in Mt Rushmore near the end of the short)

So, in short...he has never 'acted' before.

When I think of UFC fighters I wouldn't mind seeing act, or who have a good personality that would lend itself to the silver screen, Jon Jones is not a fighter who fits the mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Are you kidding? Do you not get sick of every famous person thinking they can act? I strongly dislike the guy and I don't want him to have my money. Do I think I'm better than him? No. I can't act either.

...And for the record, I'd club seals given the chance. Got to control the population.
    For some reason I don't get sick of every famous person thinking they can act. If they suck at acting, nobody will cast them in a good movie. Therefore they never really ruin any movies I care to see. I just think a special kind of douchebag was being a bit rough on the kid. If I were him I would be trying to make all the money I could while I could too. I would be willing bet if he made a move he would still fight as many times or more than GSP and A Silva combined within that year.

As for the baby seal rebuttal, well played sir. That made me laugh.
    (I tried to rep you for making me laugh, but apparently I already have recently. So I'll just have to commend you for not getting butthurt at a bit of trash talk. It's all in good fun and discussion)
    Last edited by RearNakedStroke; 06-23-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I have an opinion on the gif-- it is fucking awesome! Where do you guys get this fabulous stuff on the interwebz?
    Gifs can be awesome when well placed and making sense. That gif would have killed if it was in a thread where someone was getting butthurt and quitting the forum or something like that, but it doesn't really apply to a person pointing out that a previous gif didn't seem to apply to the topic, and then defending a fighters right to try acting.

If they suck at acting, nobody will cast them in a good movie.
    Steven Segal and JCVD beg to disagree with that statement

In all seriousness, I do think Hollywood will cash in on famous-but-bad actors and it does bother me if that means there's a solid year where title defenses can't happen. Or if it ruins a movie I'm otherwise willing to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information