Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones Wants to Make Movies

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Gifs can be awesome when well placed and making sense. That gif would have killed if it was in a thread where someone was getting butthurt and quitting the forum or something like that, but it doesn't really apply to a person pointing out that a previous gif didn't seem to apply to the topic, and then defending a fighters right to try acting.
    I should have explained better. I didn't even put the gift and u together (I didn't think you were whining) I just laughed my ass off b/c I had never seen that one and I lol. Had it been used for someone truly crying it would have been epic.

I think the older I get the harder it is for me to truly detest things. When i was younger bands like creed or nickelback made me want to vomit. Now I just turn the channel or don't listen to it but they don't really bother me. Hey they are just people trying to get by, no better or worse then me ( except matchbox 20= suck ) I think this is how people view jones (not me but the "haters"). I am guessing most of the posters who detest him are young just like the ones who detest big rig "aka ditch pig". Just my two cents on an incoherent rant. One love my mma news brothers! And no I am not high.

Oh yeah and third eye blind sucks! If my cousin was in the band no one would know!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    People hate seeing others doing better and more successful things than they are so they criticize it and hate on them.
    This is so true. Every MMA fighter that has tried to do something other than fighting has been shit on especially when it was something that would bring them more money and fame.

I guess the monkey is cool as long as it does tricks and stays confined to its cage.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

of course he does. it beats getting punched for a living.

But hasn't he been acting like an actual human being the whole time anyway?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    This is so true. Every MMA fighter that has tried to do something other than fighting has been shit on especially when it was something that would bring them more money and fame.

I guess the monkey is cool as long as it does tricks and stays confined to its cage.
    I'll double post, because I'm lazy. I didn't read any other posts in this thread, mostly because I could really give a fuck about Jon Jones.

But if you're talking about rampage getting "shit on" for making movies, he was "shit on" for reneging on a contract. That's a little different from a "monkey" not staying "confined to it's cage." It's kind of the case of an individual who goes back on his word, which, by definition, makes them an asshole who can't be trusted.

Pop Quiz:
    Q:which champion of a major fight org didn't get criticized when he branched out into film?

A: Cung Le. he won the SF MW championship, and then vacated it to make three or four [crap] films in rapid succession. He wasn't trying to do both things at once, he wasn't holding a title hostage while he satisfied his vanity.

If Jones wants to go make films, all power to him...if he walks away from his title.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 06-23-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    If Jones wants to go make films, all power to him...if he walks away from his title.

rh
    why should he walk away from his title? Like I said earlier, I would be willing to bet that Jones would fight as much if not more in a year than A Silva and GSP combined while filming a movie. Maybe they should vacate their titles for being lazy.
    Last edited by RearNakedStroke; 06-24-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    why should he walk away from his title? Like I said earlier, I would be willing to bet that Jones would fight as much if not more in a year than A Silva and GSP combined while filming a movie. Maybe they should vacate their titles for being lazy.
    Riv made it very clear why he should walk away from his title;

mostly because I could really give a fuck about Jon Jones.
    Because like you said, theres no logical reason for him to walk away from it other than him not liking him.

The guy is a mid level fighter that crashed his car. Of course people hate him.

RJJ and Rampage looked very good after their side projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    RJJ and Rampage looked very good after their side projects.
    That's a damn good point, Snigs. Lots of real fans hoping their favorites don't step away from the sport because they want to see them continue to succeed and dominate; while there's some (not a lot, but some) evidence that stepping away from the fight game can add more distractions than elite fighters can handle.

To be fair, rampage just isn't that good. The sport was passing his generation by as he decided to act.

I say good for him. I've never seen his movie and probably will not.

Thread Information